“Clean and Inexpensive.”
Review of Super 8 Emporia

Super 8 Emporia
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Emporia
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Based on the tripadvisor reviews, we stayed at this Super 8 for one night on a two-week trip, and found it be very good. As the reviews say, it is clean. Our 1 king bedroom was small, but it was nice, clean and modern and had a fridge. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, and continually asked, when seeing us, if they could help with anything.

In the morning, I saw lots of cleaning being done in the public areas -- walls and sills were being washed - in the lobby, hallways, eating areas - I could smell the disinfectant, which in this case meant a clean hotel. I could not believe all the work being done inside and out to keep the place clean.

The "Wagon Wheel" restaurant next door is a good, easy place to eat. The owner is the cook and his wife is a waitress. My husband had the T-bone and smoked baked potato and said it was absolutely wonderful. Not a huge menu, but the special stood out - others at the hotel had it too after we told the desk clerk how good it was.

A nice town, simple but clean hotel, and helpful staff. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
EmporiaS8, Manager at Super 8 Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

To Our Esteemed Guest,

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. The Wagon Wheel has become quite a popular place this summer, thanks to folks like you spreading the word, and from both of us, we thank you. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We arrived late, lost, and trying to beat storms into Emporia. We called the motel to get directions and the night desk clerk was very friendly and gave us specific directions, even for a directionaly challanged person like me. Once there, he made sure that we had everything we needed including the local storm forcast and then called later to make sure we had everything that we needed in our room. The room was very clean and nice. It was a bit small, but the room was so clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. The breakfast the next morning was very good with a good variety. We made sure the manager knew how helpful his night desk clerk had been and very courteous he had been. We would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: We had requested an upstairs room as recommended in one of the previous reviews and we heard nothing...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
EmporiaS8, Manager at Super 8 Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

To Our Esteemed Guest,

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. That Midwest weather can be treacherous, and we're glad we could lend you safety and comfort for the night. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I travel a lot with work. I booked this hotel because it was ranked #1 -- good heavens, I hope it really is that good. Making reservations by phone was a nightmare. The young lady answering was nice enough, but she didn't seem to understand the concept of tax-exempt, she wouldn't acknowledge that my colleague and I had to have separate reservations & confirmation numbers under our own government procurement cards (kept saying "I can just put them under one"), and then asked me to read the credit card numbers not once, not twice, but thrice. Painful. I don't have time for this; I nearly hung up and said "never mind." I hope I can write a better review once I've stayed there!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
EmporiaS8, Manager at Super 8 Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

We are very sorry your reservation experience was difficult. Our staff do their very best to maintain our reputation here in Emporia, and we will make sure that your check-in and stay will be much more pleasant. Thank you for choosing us, and we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

This was one of the better Super 8 Hotels I have ever stayed in. Very clean, and the staff was wonderful. Management was very attentive to any customer needs. It was great to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room, something which we couldn't get at some higher end hotels recently! I could hear the people above us walking around very early in the morning, which woke me up, but otherwise there wasn't much noise at all. The bed was very comfortable. I just wish that they would have had breakfast later than 9 am, since we got in very late on Friday night and didn't make it up that early. An excellent value for the price--highly recommend!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms might be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelingCircus1
EmporiaS8, Manager at Super 8 Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

To Our Esteemed Guest,

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We do everything we can for our guests, and we're happy to hear you were satisfied. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

The clerk that checked us in was very gracious. The room rate was fair for a Super 8. We had a small dog so there was an additional charge. Upon entering our room the room deodorizer was extremely strong. The room was clean and had relatively nice furniture. We unpacked and settled in. Within an hour or so the deodorizer began evaporate and it became extremely unbearable for me. I would say that the smell was similar to that of an outhouse sitting in sun and heat. I slept with my heavily lotioned hands over my nose all night to elimate breathing the air. I told the front desk clerk that I was offended by the terrible smell in the room. She said she was sorry but I had a pet room. Granted it was a pet room but that is the reason for the additional charge to keep it clean!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

We are deeply sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. We always do our best to impress every guest, but when we fail to do so, it is important that we know about it. Thank you for your honest review, and know that we guarantee a better experience should you stay with us again.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

This Super 8 was well ran and very clean...nice room with tasteful decor. Slept well and it felt good knowing we hadn't had to pay $100 for it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

To Our Esteemed Guest,

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. It's our goal to provide the best rooms in town for the best price, and it's good to know we suceeded. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

The front desk host was most gracious, even rang our room to make sure we were happy. Very clean as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
EmporiaS8, Manager at Super 8 Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

To Our Esteemed Guest,

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We always want to make sure we're doing everything we can for our guests. Looking forward to seeing you again!