“BobbyD's is a welcome change on the road.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bobby D's

Bobby D's
Ranked #3 of 83 Restaurants in Emporia
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newport News, Virginia
“BobbyD's is a welcome change on the road.”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Traveling it is easy to get stuck going from palce.to place and grabing something quick. But slow down and take in a real meal. The place is clean and slightly welcoming. We were the only ones in on a early Tuesday. Thhe waitress was fake nice more interested in gossiping at the counter. The cheese nuggets were great! Just needed more. I got the smoke double with pulled pork fries and cheesy taters. It was good but that was it good. Fries frozen but were seasoned well. Bun for sandwich just plain stale bun. The sauces were tasty good but nothing special. Cheesy taters were super good. We also got the ribs, really good meat; tender and juicy but again sauces nothing great.

They need to put some meat..like the brisket on the cheesy taters...that would be heaven.

usa
“Fantastic food and a friendly staff!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Great little BBQ joint in Emporia. We were on a road trip when we landed ourselves in this town. The pulled pork was fabulous! and the sweet potatoe fries were good too! The entire family enjoyed their lunches and it was fairly quick. One table in the place when we arrived around 1pm on a Saturday and I was a little nervous we had picked a bad dive.............by the time we left there wasn't an empty table in the house.

Topeka, Kansas
“Great Food - Very Reasonable”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Clean local owned place that has some of the best prices around. For not much more than a fast food meal I had a 2 piece smoked chicken dinner that came with 2 sides for only $6.49! I've had lunches at Subway that cost more than that and were no where as good.

• Visited December 2012
Wichita, Kansas
“Great BBQ - Great Price in Emporia”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We haven't been to Emporia to spend any time in recent years, so spending a day meant finding someplace to eat. We discovered Bobby D's quite on accident, and am I ever glad we did. It is excellent Bar B Q at a super reasonable price. The wait staff is prompt and cheery. The atmosphere is homey. The food we ordered came in a matter of minutes. Filled full and happy as we left.

Dallas, TX
“Great Local Spot!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Glad that we left our hotel area by one exit and searched out Bobby D's instead of the nearby chain restaurants! I had the ribs (several different sizes are available) and a cold beer. The broccoli salad was wonderful! I think that if I were there again I would have the pulled pork sandwich. My husband and I shared a blueberry cobbler, it was just so-so. But, I would definitely reccommend this local spot for their bar-b-que!