“Lovely stay with great beds” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Emporia

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Comfort Inn Emporia
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Emporia
Manhattan, Kansas
“Lovely stay with great beds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

I stayed at this Comfort Inn and, although the prior reviews made it sound bad, I was pleasantly surprised with the friendliness, cleanliness, and most of all, the comfortable beds. The front desk clerk was curteous at check in, the breakfast was well layed out, and when I checked out, the manager was curteous and wished me safe travels. The best part was that the beds are pillowtop with an additional padded mattress pad (I couldn't help but check becuase my bed at home is no where near as comfortable.)

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank aeroweigh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2009

We travel back and forth to KC for leisure trips quite often and a couple of years ago, came upon this Comfort Inn, which at that time, was quite new. My husband had actually been in Emporia on business many times and watched the hotel being built, so after it was done, we decided to stay. At that time, we were impressed. Key point -- at that time. This hotel is not old enough to be as run down as it is! It had this overall stink that indicated an effort was being made to cover an even worse stink, but wasn't doing the job. The place was smelly, dingy, and a big disappointment, to the extent that we'll be looking for another place! Somebody has "let the place go," and it definitely shows! The help was cordial enough, but not enough to make up for the overall problem of the hotel, itself. Come on, people, kick it up a notch! It had it once, so don't let it stay in this state of neglect.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Emporia hotels

Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2009

We got stuck in Emporia, Kansas because the A/C went out in our Yukon and we had to take it to a shop to have it repaired. So, maybe I'm being too hard on this hotel because I was crabby anyway, but usually my crabbiness doesn't affect my sense of smell.
The room was kind of run down, which was odd because the hotel exterior looked fairly newish. The lobby was nice, but the rooms stunk like mildew and was extremely humid. Not impressed.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2007

As a member of Choice privileges you are entitled to late checkout. When I requested this at this hotel the manager said this was not available at her hotel. After making calls to their customer relations department they said it was not true and said they would work to resolve my complaint. After following up several times they said they were not able to get the manager to respond.

If all this wasn’t enough they gave me the room right next to the breakfast area with what appeared to have zero sound proofing. I could hear what every person had to eat all morning.

All in all a poor experience and I would NEVER stay in this hotel again. In fact I have given up Choice hotels all together as they cannot even get a local manager to admit lying or even respond to a complaint.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — The staff and manager
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
kc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2006

I thought the hotel was very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the room was a nice size. The employees were very kind, brought me extra pillows. Most of all, it was very clean which is important. It is the nicest comfort inn I've stayed at.

Stayed January 2006