“Average food, get there at the right time”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shanghai Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 85 Restaurants in Emporia
Cuisines: Chinese
“Average food, get there at the right time”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

This was a pretty typical Asian buffet. May a slightly better selection than some, but nothing really extraordinary. One thing to note is the meal prices. The sign at the door said 4.99 lunch and 5.99 dinner, I was there at 4 pm and ended up getting charged 12.99.

Argonia, Kansas
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Quiet and quick service. Your usual Chinese menu, but good portions and prompt service. Clean place. Not too busy because we went just past the usual lunch hour.

Visited June 2014
Illinois
“Best Chinese in Emporia”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

...and with 4-5 options in such a small town, that's saying something.

My husband and I a regulars. Our favorites: General Tso's chicken, the fried rice (still haven't found a place that beats it - even outside Emporia), the "diet delight" (not to be confused with double delight), and the crab rangoon.

In fact, we like the food here so much, that we had our wedding rehearsal dinner here several years ago!

Our order is often recognized when we call in for carryout. Service is always attentive and friendly, but the AC can be cranked pretty high at times, so if you get chilled easily, bring a light jacket.

I also really enjoy the egg drop soup, but my father swears that the hot and sour soup beats it hands-down.

Lunch specials are really fast and cheap during the week - this is an excellent chance to try new dishes because you get an appetizer, soup and your meal for (if I remember correctly) about $5. I wish I had a lunch break that allowed me to go out so I could take advantage!

• Visited August 2012
Emporia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had the family meal which included appetizers and soup as well as the entree. Staff were very friendly and received prompt service. Food was nice and fresh and hot, and had a great taste!

Visited August 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good food at a decent price - I prefer take out.”
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Good food at a decent price - I prefer take out.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook