“Clean, good value for the money hotel”

Budget Host Inn Emporia
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Emporia
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I liked the stay in the hotel, big room with fridge, microwave and excellent Wi-Fi.

The TV had HDMI connection, so I could connect it with my computer.

The room was clean, coffee in the morning, and a very nice manager, what else can you ask for at this price?

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Adamgiv
Nirav P, General Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Adam,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your nice review. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed here at the Budget Host on our way to Iowa. If you need a restaurant, hot tub, swimming pool, exercise room and big breakfast, this isn't your cup of tea. If you want a clean room, easy parking, comfortable bed, microwave, refrigerator, good a/c and quiet place to sleep, this is it for an amazingly low price.

Definitely recommend the Budget Host should you be in the area and in need of a room.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Mark C
Nirav P, General Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Silvervalk.

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us. We endeavor to give all our guests the best in service and accommodations and we appreciate your compliments. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I would normally stay at a mid-tier chain: Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Red Roof Inn, Hampton Inn, etc. But when I looked at the Emporia hotel ratings on Tripadvisor, the high ratings for this "budget" hotel stood out, so I decided to give it a try. The look of the place was very 1960's-style roadside motel. The price was very reasonable. Our room was clean, not too small, and had both a small fridge and a microwave. Most of those mid-tier competitors can not make the same claim. My wife wanted a hair dryer, and the friendly proprietor readily provided one. This old-fashioned motel met all our needs at a price that shames most competitors.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RedSand
Nirav P, General Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

I would like to thank you personally for trying us, most of travelers get bad impression because of how the building looks from outside. We do our best to provide service that fits your wallet, we also know its not the Ritz.

Thank you for supporting small/locally owned business!

see you soon,

Nirav Patel

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I chose this motel based on the reviews I'd read on TripAdvisor. I was not disappointed. Although this motel is older, my room was large, clean, and comfy. Even has a mini-fridge and microwave. No frills, but for the price - it's a great value. Easy access too - right off the highway.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank bubbysmom77

Thank you very much for your kind words!

see you soon,

Nirav Patel

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Room appeared to be clean and mostly updated. However, the bathroom smelled musty and the window was dirty and dusty and not locked. The curtain over the window was also missing one of the hangers so it hung askew. No blanket on bed and I don't like to use the bedspread in hotels, so I wore a sweater to bed. Location was good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank MeredithMN
Nirav P, General Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Thank you very much for your review! I will look into the problems you have mentioned.

We do have blankets in all of our rooms but they are in drawers because of hot summers, during cold winters we do arrange beds with blankets+bed spreads. Most of our guests just adjust AC to their liking of temperature.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Very close to interstate and the rooms are clean. Would definitely stay there again. Very good value for money. Ceck in is easy and everything is same floor. You park your car right in front of your room. Very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Monique K
Nirav P, General Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Monique K.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Found this through one of the paper hotel coupon guides. Large, very clean room. Very quiet location, yet not far from interstate. Not many amenities like pool, or breakfast, but if you're not hung up on that, it's a great place. Great pricing; very reasonable pet fee.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lora J
Nirav P, General Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Dear Lora J.