“"Old hotel, but renovated! Great rooms! Great location! Would stay again!"”

Budget Host Inn Emporia
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Emporia
FLINT
“"Old hotel, but renovated! Great rooms! Great location! Would stay again!"”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Average hotel, good price.
Average looking, nothing special, Very white, bland, a cool statue in the middle of the hotel.

Rooms are very standard. And average. Nothing wrong with this hotel though.

We stayed here through the night coming back from a job.
It has a recently remodeled room- nice.
Old hotel, but renovated! Great rooms! Great location! Would stay again!

Recommend

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jnewb33485
npatel0317, Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise and Thank you for taking time to express your experience.
We really appreciate your business and thank you for staying with us, Hope to see you soon

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My minumum expectations for lodging include: clean, quiet, comfortable bed, good plumbing, lots of hot water, upkeep of the property. All of these were met by the Budget Host Inn. Plus, they have Turner Classic Movies on cable, always a treat for me.

And at a room rate under $40/night, you can't beat it.

If there's one negative, it's that the bath towels were a little small. But they were newer, quite fluffy and effective. So a very minor quibble, really. Also, the motel is on the east side of town, and there's not much around by way of eateries. But Emporia is a pretty small town; everything's within about a five-minute drive.

Now you won't be staying at a fancy place--this is basic accommodation--but as it goes, you won't do any better. I would definitely stay here again, and hope to do so soon.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank ScottRLucado

Hutchinson
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed here one night. The room was clean and quiet.It was a great price and would stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Aubrey L

Dodge City, Kansas
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I am currently walking across America as a means of raising money for charity. When I cam through Emporia, I stayed at the Budget Host, and what a great call! Located outside the hustle and bustle, but within reach of everything (even walking), the hotel was a nice respite from the grind of walking all day through the city. The service was excellent, and Nick and the entire staff were friendly and spot-on. I'll be staying here again next time through (preferably with a car).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank michael t

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We decided to stay here after reading the reviews. This is a great place if you are traveling on I-35 and just need a place to stay for the night that is budget friendly. Their price was significantly less than other budget hotels in Emporia.

The rooms were way out of date, almost to the point they were retro and kind of fun (our tub and toilet were baby blue with a really interesting hand-laid tile floor). But the rooms were CLEAN, smelled fresh, and were welcoming after a long day on the road.

Our room also had a mini fridge and microwave and being a motel it was nice to park directly outside your room. Owners were polite. Beds were comfortable, and while we heard the trains the sound was not loud enough to be bothersome. We will be back on our next I-35 trip!

Room Tip: call for price, we got a bit better rate calling in than online.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank herd_of_5

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Room was oversized with lot of space and it was very clean! I did not find a single crumb of food or anything on sides. "Dont judge a book by its cover" Dont let old style exterior scare you, rooms are LOT better then looks outside. It Seemed like hotel was under renovation with new AC units, furniture, paint, bed spreads, high quality bed sheets, TV, Roof. Room and Rates were VERY reasonable compare to other hotels I looked at. There are restaurants within 1-3miles from motel. Room had 3beds in a room which helped us and our kids get good night sleep.

Location was very quiet and we all got good night sleep during softball weekend! Family who owns the place were very friendly when we asked for extra towels, we got them delivered to our room within minute with a big smile.

Stayed while son was playing softball during weekend.
We will be back Patel family!

Room Tip: AC cools the room fast so choose the right settings
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I first heard this motel was an OK place about a month ago. A couple of weeks ago I had planned on staying here until I saw their billboard which did not say anything about WiFi. But after checking online I found the location did have free WiFi so I stopped this time. As long as you don't mind staying at a place that was likely built back in the 40-50's, this place is good. Clean, heat, quiet. It does have truck parking and online coupons for $29. Just plan ahead as there is not any food within walking distance.
One wall did have paint peeling off, which was out of place for the rest of the room. Based on this stay I'll be more likely to try Buget Hosts in other area's.
Pictures posted, so I'll keep it short.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome

-The rooms are now all remodeled, please see new pictures online.