“Best Mexican Restaurant in Emporia!”
Review of Casa Ramos

Casa Ramos
Ranked #4 of 83 Restaurants in Emporia
Cuisines: Mexican
Emporia, Kansas
“Best Mexican Restaurant in Emporia!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The food is great with big portions! Staff is friendly and efficient. I can't go anywhere else in town. They just don't measure up.

• Visited September 2012

Henderson, Nevada
“WOW! Good Mexican food in Emporia!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went to Casa Ramos given the good reviews on Trip Advisor. It is a small authentic place south of the railroad tracks. The staff was friendly and attentive, and immediately served us with chips and chunky salsa, and of course, margaritas, all of which were great. The food (chicken fajitas and the chili relleno plate) was not only wonderful, but ample and not expensive. If we lived here on a regular basis, we would frequent this little place. It is definitely worth a try if you come to Emporia.

Kansas, USA
“Great food in a friendly setting”
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Good traditional Mexican food served on large plates at a reasonable price.

“It is overrated”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Being from California I always stop here when I visit my in laws. Place was empty and had to wait to be seated. The service was very slow and I realized why I said I was coming back here last time I ate here two years ago. The rice has no taste and the menu is pretty weak and overpriced. The salsa they bring out for the chips is pretty ordinary. If you have never had Mexican food other than emporia than you can't be disappointed but if you have you will be. So, save your money and go get a burger and ice cream from Braums.

Lawrence, Kansas
“Great Mexican food in Emporia”
Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Located in Emporia, Ks, Casa Ramos offers a wide range of Mexican dishes in a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere. We ate dinner with family and were not disappointed. The restaurant was packed with folks, but comfortable. The staff was very attentive ands prompt. I ordered a "Carne asada" accompanied by rice, refried beans and as a side "chile relleno". My wife ordered tamales with sides of rice and beans. Both our dishes were tasty and excellent with the right level of spice and flavors. The portions were enormous, so you won't go hungry. My son ordered "Molcajete", a delicious stew, accompanied with rice, beans, avocado. He could not finish the serving because of the amount of food. For dessert we ordered a Mango Mousse Cake. A splendid way to end a delighful meal. Definitely a great place for family and friends, especially if you want to have solid Mexican food.

1 Thank Pucela08

Been to Casa Ramos? Share your experiences!