“Never Again!!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Dorado
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in El Dorado
Reviewed February 10, 2008

Well I don't know where to start. The first day we got here we thought oh what a home away from home. My husband works and our 2 years old daughter and I travel with him. This is a terrible hotel for anyone who stays!!! First room 102 had ants and the problem was never taken care of until we checked out. We ended up checking back in later that night into a different room because there wasn't anyother rooms availale in the area. So back we went hesitantly.

My daughter is two so of course she will have some accidents well lets just say for every towel you get a spot on you get charged for. We only spotted 4 towels total. The General manager came into my room acting like she was room service coming to change linens and eyed everything. She point out some spots,let me clarify I got out of the carpet. She told us that since my daughter was getting things dirty and spotted we were going to be charged. She said they were going to put the stained towels back in our room everyday until we left. There were only 3 wash clothes!
So I called her on the phone later that day and asked what we were going to be charged for she said nothing because we agreed to have those same towels put back in the room. I asked her about the carpet and she said we would be charged if they couldn't get the spots up. (Spots came up)
So check out day came I am looking at our bill and notice that the originally price per night I was told we were going to be charged for wasn't on there. They did that to us the first time we stayed but we just let it go because it was only two nights. So this time it happen again. Also we had a misc. charge for $125 professional carpet cleaning charge. That she told us we wouldn't be charged for if the spots came up.

We have spent over $2,000.00 at there hotel and this is how we got treated! This hotel would not be good for anyone. The front desk has their moments of being kind and friendly but mostly snotty, short and rude. Also when we came back to the hotel we had asked for a microwave and fridge to be put in our room again like the first time for my daughters milk and juice. Three times I called about it and never once did someone call back so I just gave up. So be aware of hidden charges and people coming into your room looking for spots. If you do have an accident and need to clean it up don't use the towels you will get charged. Also I would take pictures of your room before you get in it just so that you have proof before they start charging you for other stuff. No, I am not exagerating either for those who are reading this. Stay at your own cost it won't be the initial charge you thought it was going to be. One nighters might be okay but anyone planning on a work trip to stay longer don't do it. They will pick at everything the whole time you are there!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jmonroene

Reviewed January 29, 2008

The lobby is open and greets you with a large fireplace and a well furnished lobby. We were greeted and checked in promptly. The jaccuzzi suite was non-smoking and very clean. The linens were better than any we've ever expierenced. The softness and quality of the bedding was outstanding. I've never slept so well in a hotel. There were ample furnishing through out the room. The bathtub was oversized and placed in the main room so that the television could be viewed while soaking. The seperate bathroom was well stocked and very clean. The shower rod is curved and allowed for more space and the showerhead had very good water pressure. The staff are friendly and courteous. We enjoyed or two night stay and are planning a return trip in March. Excellent service, excellent hotel.....GREAT cinnamon rolls!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 26, 2007

This motel was very clean and the employees were friendly and helpful. The free continental breakfast was excellent with a pleasant atmosphere including a fireplace. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
#1 of 3 in Augusta
Stardust Motel Inn
Stardust Motel Inn
#5 of 8 in El Dorado

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Dorado? Share your experiences!