“Good burgers”
Review of Susie's Chili Parlor - CLOSED

Susie's Chili Parlor
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Good food! Very fresh and nice place to eat! Waitress are very nice, the only thing I would change about the place is the rude attitude of the cashier lady. She is always rude but the food is good and you dont have to interact with the cashier except on your way out!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Generally, I used to go for the pie. Now the lady that made them homemade, doesn't. The place is dirty, the food is awful, and prices are way too high. The service is poor, and the last time I ate there the food was burnt, the time before that, they "closed the grill" almost 45 minutes early. Don't waste your money, too many better choices. The waitress dropped silverware on the floor and put it on the table for other patrons to use. DON'T GO THERE! AWFUL!!!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Good service, quaint little restaurant, excellent iced tea. The chili was just like Mom makes, but since I always added ketchup to Mom's chili, it's not my favorite. It's a perfectly fine style, but just your average home-cooked chili with beans. I got what I thought was the day's special (grilled cheese on sourdough with cup of soup) but subbed a cup of chili. I think I was charged for the cup of chili and the sandwich separately, but since the check didn't have prices on it, I didn't cause a fuss. I also got a slice of the lemon pie--the server said she personally doesn't like lemon, but her friend ALWAYS gets the lemon pie. The meringue was perfect. Seriously--PERFECT. I wish the lemon had been better. Gelatinous, thick, and fake-y lemon gelatin flavor. ICK. I really wish I'd tried the server's favorite, the chocolate. I paid nearly $13 before tip for average chili, grilled cheese that was just American cheese (and I couldn't taste the sourdough at all), and a pretty nasty piece of pie. Good thing the tea was great! If I'm ever in El Dorado again, I would give these guys a try again. The chili just wasn't to my taste, and I think the grilled cheese had the same problem. I would love to try something along the lines of a chicken fried steak dinner, or chicken & noodles special, or open-faced turkey sandwich. I think they'd be more to my liking!

Reviewed May 2, 2012

We have always enjoy a good homecooked meal and that is what Susie's offers.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

I don't know what the one bad review was about because they do not charge extra for water or soda refill. There most certainly was no drunks when I was there. I have gone there many times and have found the food great and the service wonderful.