“Quiet rooms, slightly dated hotel.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dodge City Inn

Dodge City Inn
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Panhandle, Texas
“Quiet rooms, slightly dated hotel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

This hotel was a rather dated hotel. The lobby was clean, the check-in service was quick. The room was clean and included a microwave and mini fridge. The bed was comfortable, the shower was a nice, clean, average shower. The breakfast room was tiny and was continental with sausage and a waffle maker.
Overall, I was satisfied with the hotel but thought it was pricey. It may have been high because of the rodeo in town.
It's about 5 minutes by car to the casino in Dodge City.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MD K, General Manager at Dodge City Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to complete an online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
We value your feedback. We are sorry for not having a bigger breakfast room, but glad to know that you liked the food and the room.

We hope to see you again soon.

Ph#: 620 338 8700

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ocala, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

The hotel was located nearby on the same main road as many restaurants and the Boothill Museum. The room was quiet and comfortable. The only drawback we encountered was that there is no elevator and we had a second floor room.

Room Tip: If you don't want to drag your luggage up the stairs, you will want to request a first floor roo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PAboyinFL
Dear guest,
Your feedback is very important to us as we always want to how we did and what more we need to do. We are sorry for not having the elevator. We are aware of the inconvenience associated with not having an elevator. We are very sorry for that. To add an elevator is still in our plan.

We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Phone# 620 338 8700
Omaha
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night only--beds were comfortable and room appeared clean but did have a musty and moldy smell. Rooms were quiet also. The receptionist at the front desk was pleasant but unable to multitask, which prolonged check in when the phone rang and she answered. We went to the pool later that evening and saw the receptionist watching tv in the dining area. Despite having the phone with her, she did not make a good first impression. The pool was clean and fine, but the spa smelled bad and was not appealing. Breakfast was fine--the young lady running the breakfast area did a good job keeping items stocked and the area clean. This hotel was a little pricey for the accommodations, although I suspect the prices are competitive for this area being close to the Boot Hill museum. Would I come back? I can tolerate the receptionist and stay away from the spa, but I didn't like the moldy smell. If this could be remedied, I'd probably come back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MD K, General Manager at Dodge City Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to complete and online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Your feedback is very important to us as we continuously try to assure a comfortable and satisfactory stay for each of our guests. Based on the information in your feedback, I will definitely speak with the front desk clerk. Also, I will take care of the SPA issue.

I am extremely sorry for failing to exceed your expectations. I will definitely try my best to get rid of those problems. I hope to see you again soon.

Firth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

The only thing good about this hotel was that the bed was comfortable. We had a roll away bed in our room and when I asked the gal at the front disk if we could have a blanket for the roll away she gave me the mattress pad for one of the double beds stating this was our blanket. In the shower they had shampoo and body lotion. I asked the front desk for conditioner and she gave me 3 body lotion and 1 conditioner. The hair dryer that is built into the wall did not work. I had to go to another room where the maids were cleaning the room to use that hair dryer. The hot tub smelled of musty water. Could not stay in very long cause it gaged us. When the manager got to work I showed him the blanket that we got for the roll away and told him that his help needs to learn how to read conditioner verse body lotion and also the hair dryer did not work. He apologize and said he would get someone in to fix the hair dryer that day. When we got back to our room that night the hair dryer was not fixed and our trash was not taken out. (which I had asked the manager to have the cleaning ladies to take out the trash). Breakfast was a night mare. The employee could not keep up with putting out the food so there was nothing to eat. And the bananas were BLACK. My family and I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank PenHol
MD K, General Manager at Dodge City Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write an online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize or failing to exceed your expectation. We have a couple of new employees who are yet to learn and perform their job as required. Information you provided will be used to do everything possible to assure future much better experience.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that might have caused. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon,

Travelers are raving about these Dodge City hotels

Bosque Farms, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Kinda dated and the internet was down more than it was up. Not sure if there was an issue with cox cable for 48 hours or not. The rates were too high I think for the quality of the rooms. With the limited Choice locations in the area this was it for me since I lean toward Choice.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MD K, General Manager at Dodge City Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am extremely sorry for failing to exceed your expectation. Yes, internet was little down because of the server (COX) issue.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I appreciate your night with us and will be looking forward to seeing you again.

Cape Canaveral, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival we went into our room and were overwhelmed by the musty moldy smell that besieged us. My husband immediately went to the front desk and told them. They offered a can of aerosol. Really? No offer of another room. Probably because the whole place smelled that way....the halls were just as bad. We managed to deal with it but had a very restless night. Woke up to my eyes burning. Next time I am going to another hotel. Also the carpet was damp everywhere!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MD K, General Manager at Dodge City Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am extremely sorry for failing to exceed your expectation. Definitely, the the front desk clerk should have offered a room change. It should have not managed the way it was.

Again, I am really sorry and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused. I do appreciate your business and will be looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Greenbrier, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Rooms were not bad. They were defiantly older. The hall that was on the first floor was like walking in a stinky cloud. Cigarette smell was horrible. Rooms were a little high for the quality of accommodations and breakfast provided.

Room Tip: Rooms were not bad. They were defiantly older. The hall that was on the first floor was like walking...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MD K, General Manager at Dodge City Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to complete an online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Your feedback is very important and we are extremely sorry to learn that we failed to exceed your expectation. We are trying to get rid of only a few smoking rooms. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused. We think you liked our new bedding like other guests.

We really appreciate your business and we will be looking forward to seeing again soon.