“Looks are deceiving”
Review of Dodge City Inn

Dodge City Inn
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Stay from Hell. Could not check in due to computers being down. Management was unsure if they would be back. Clerk said even if they could not check me in at all, I would still be charged. Two hours later computers were up. Got room 206, small with an air conditioner which grew louder thoughout the evening. Could not change rooms, or get a refund. Had to sleep with the window open, or sleep in car. Next morning, when I again complained about the air conditioner, the clerk said that they get a lot of complaints about their noisy air conditioners. Do not bother talking to the manager who is rude and acts as if he does not understand English. You will need a translator to understand him. Only Comfort Inn that I will never stay at again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Dodge City Inn

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed for 2 months and have to say it was a great place to stay and plan to return to this hotel whenever I'm in the area. They have social hour two times a week(Monday/Wednesday) which is free beer and food!!! Front desk personal was very helpful and very nice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2012

First, the good: We ended up at the Comfort Inn because our original hotel did not honor our reservations. We were greatful they had rooms available. The room was clean, soft beds and pillows, nice flat screen tv with lots of channels, the pool and hot tub were nice, good wi-fi. Lots of choices at breakfast, and they keep things stocked and cleaned....The Bad: The price! We paid $150 a night (with taxes and all). For $150 I expect a WHOLE lot more...The air conditioner in our room worked, if you could deal with the loud screetching noise the entire time. By the time we realized there was an issue, the motel had no other rooms available. Since it was impossible to sleep with the noise and about 90 degrees in the room, I ended up opening the window....This helped a lot but, its a little scary opening a first floor window at a motel...so, needless to say, didn't sleep to well on that soft bed. The Ugly: Apparently there is a lot of work going on the this area of Kansas, so its hard to find a room with all the workers staying there. Since rooms are a scarce, It seems that the room rates have been jacked up to ridiculious prices. (This was one of the least expensive rooms we could find!) Its not just the Comfort Inn, its the whole city. My advice: Unless you have no other choice, do NOT stay in Dodge City. All the "fun stuff" in Dodge can be done in a day. Get there early, have fun...and then move on to the next town (or state for that matter), and pay a LOT less for your room.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stayed 2 nights no other hotel room in Dodge City. Paid $130.00 a night! AC didn't work room was about 90 degrees, room was dirty, door handle in bathroom fell off door! We travel to KS frequently... will never, ever stay there again. You'd be better off to stay at the $29.99 a night Piggly Wiggly Inn!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 months and overall my experience was good. However one of the owners of the hotel does not know customer service whatsoever. He works behind the front counter and good number of the times I spoke with him, he made me feel guilty about the extended rate he agreed to. The week or two before I left, I went to the front desk and canceled all of my reservations. The owner was aiding the new manager (who is helpful by the way) in how to cancel my reservations. Two weeks after I stopped staying there, I noticed I was still being billed. When I went to let them know this, instead of apologizing for the mistake, the owner said that my reservations were not canceled and it was my fault for not making sure they were! I told him that when I cancel all of my reservations it was his responsibility to cancel them. He said it was my responsibility to get a cancelation number. Being new to traveling for business, told him I was unaware of needing to get a cancelation number. He told me that was no excuse. I pointed out that he was the one with the computer and he was the one who was aware that I needed the cancelation number, so why didn't he give it to me? It was around this time in the conversation that he again reminded me of the rate he charged me to stay there. I told him to stop reminding me of the rate, and by the way the other hotels in town offer the same extended rate as him. I also said I stayed there for 3 months and I cant believe they would try and pull something like this. The owner said something to the effect of 'So what. There are people who have stayed here a year.'

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I found the front desk person friendly and attentive. Beyond that, I was disappointed. The request I made in my on-line reservation was ignored. The public areas need repair. Breakfast was uncharacteristically thin...some cereal and rolls. Soon all hotels will be non-smoking and when that happens, this one will smell better.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Clean but out dated,friendly staff ,great breakfast,will never stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family