“Good Place to stay”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good Place to stay”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Very neat and clean throughout the Motel. It would help if there was a note telling us how to operate the shower. Otherwise we had a great stay. Breakfast was wonderful. I was not afraid to walk on the carpet barefoot. It looked like rooms must be cleaned daily. Very comfortable beds. Yes we will recommend LaQuinta Inn in Dodge City Kansas to our friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Onawa, Ia
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We spent one night In Dodge City and glad we chose this hotel. Very nice helpful staff at front desk. The room was very large. Very clean and we would stay there again. Very close to eating places. The only complaint if I were to make one would be the bed. It was a firm mattress which I am not use to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Overall i had a great stay..I .would reccomend this hotel to friend family and business associates. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were kept cleaned and maintained properly! Location was a little bit out of my way however it is located very close to the Dodge City Boot hill Casino. So if ytou Are going for pleasure this may be where you want to stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Amarillo
Reviewed February 13, 2013

New hotel. Love the decor. The staff was friendly. We really enjoyed the breakfast, they had a variety of things to eat. Fast wifi. Nice tv. The bathroom was very clean. But when I went to get in bed I found some blood on my sheets. The desk lady was horrified and fixed it at once. I have to admit I defiantly check my rooms better now.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Dodge City is a unique western Kansas town with references all over to the Old West. We came to town for an event at the new United Wireless Arena (great arena right next to Boot Hill Casino and Resort). Other than knowing the city is known for stockyard processing (yes, it smells) and that it is full of tumbleweeds and very windy (really, think of an old western), I wasn't too familiar with the town itself so I chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and location. Check-in, there was no one to be found. The room was large but somewhat outdated. There was a definite odor and It smelled musty. The sofa had dog hair and looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a while. Comfort level of the beds were decent. I will not say they had bed bugs but something seriously broke me out. I itched continually. The hot tub was relatively cold for a hot tub. I review every hotel I stay at because I like a good value for the money I spend, my expectations as opposed to another's will vary and there are some things that aren't that important to me (i.e., if they have a hot breakfast with meat) but this place just didn't impress me and I am sure that if I need to come back to the area that I would need to choose a different hotel. I should have stuck with the brand I know works for me and my family. This was not worth the $116 I paid. I can't comment on staff as I never really saw them but there were others in our group that stayed longer than we did and said they were fine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Okzrus
Garden City, Kansas
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I booked this hotel because I was travelling with my dog, and i knew LQ was pet-friendly. When I registered, I asked about suites. They offered jacuzzi suites, which sounded wonderful because I had recently strained my back. The hotel looked nice from outside, but when I got to my room I noticed that there were cigarette burns (in a "non-smoking property") on the chair and a huge stain on the desk. The room was large but looked tacky, with nautical lights, English pub tables, and bedding that was old and unappealing.

The first problem I had was that there was no luggage rack for my large suitcase. I asked for one and the desk person brought a coffee table (?) rather than a folding rack for the closet. When she arrived, the loud knock startled my dog, who barked loudly. She seemed angry and said to "keep him from damaging anything" and that she didn't like dogs. He may have frightened her, even though I calmed him down and he was friendly when he saw the desk people, as he had been in the lobby. Damage anything??? The damages, as you'll see in my photos, were already far worse than one well-travelled dog could possibly manage. I've stayed at four-star hotels in Denver and Dallas with Rascal and the worst he's ever done was to shed a little bit. And it would have been nice if the staff at a "dog-friendly" property actually liked dogs.

Later, I filled my tub and got in, looking forward to the therapeutic jets for my back. It didn't work. Period. I tried switches, reset buttons on outlets, but nothing worked. So I called the night desk person. "I don't have anyone here who can fix it," she said impatiently. I asked for a refund. She said I'd have to talk to them in the morning. I asked for a late checkout time at noon (MOST hotels have their regular check out time at noon, but not this one, it was 11 am.) "Well, you'd better not be any later than that or they'll charge you." After all the problems I'd had, you'd think she would have been falling all over herself to accommodate me so she MIGHT keep my business. Nope. I had had it. "Of course they would charge me," I said sarcastically, "I'm sure this lovely room with a jacuzzi that doesn't even WORK is in demand all the time!" When I left the next day, I discovered that there were two empty Jacuzzi suites she could have given me. She didn't even ask.

How different this all could have been if the desk staff had been polite and helpful. At most hotels, that's the case; even comparable brands like Holiday Inn Express. I will never stay here again, and I will also avoid La Quinta hotels in general. I did some research, and there are three other properties in Dodge City which allow dogs: the Best Western (brand new,) the Holiday Inn Express (beautifully renovated,) and the new Hampton Inn at the casino. My advice is to stay at ANY of those rather than here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business