“Dodge House Hotel & Convention Center, Dodge City, KS 67801”
Review of Dodge House Hotel

Dodge House Hotel
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Dodge House Hotel & Convention Center, Dodge City, KS 67801”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The linens on the bed were dirty; there were roaches in the bathroom; and the Front Desk Manager & staff were extremely rude about it. Refused to allow us to speak with a higher up. Found out later that the hotel is locally owned and the owner is on site! Will never stay there again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sam J
Danielle P, Manager at Dodge House Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I am terribly sorry and surprised that something like this could have possibly occurred. I see that your stay was from 3 months ago, so my staff and I cannot directly address or recall this incident. The Dodge House Hotel prides itself on the fact that we maintain a very clean facility, as well as exercise a comprehensive pest prevention program. We've conducted 3 full-property quality control inspections since November, and have had no issues of this sort. I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me so that I can help make this right, as well as gain some more incite on how this could have occurred. We keep detailed room records on maintenance and housekeeping, so any details you could provide would help me in addressing these issues.

I do greatly apologize that you where unable to speak with me when these issues arose and I would truly appreciate if you could call me so that I can address these problems. Thank you for your feedback, and I hope I can help make this right.

Danielle, Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Kansas City
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had a family reunion for 60 people and enjoyed our stay. This place is great for large groups, especially with kids. Tons of activities: basketball, volleyball, pool, ping pong, and arcade. All these are located in the middle surrounded by the hotel rooms, which makes it great to keep an eye on the kids. Rooms were nice; nothing fancy, but clean. There's a restaurant where the food was pretty good and a bar which had a great atmosphere. They have a free shuttle to the casino which runs until 2a on the weekend. We had a good time!

Room Tip: Get a main floor room; you have to use a winding staircase to get to the rooms on the 2nd level whic...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelinMonkee
Austin S, Manager at Dodge House Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
We greatly appreciate you taking a few moments to write a review. It is always enjoyable to share our warm western hospitality with families such as yours. We look forwards to being able to serve you in the future!
Oakley, Kansas
Reviewed December 20, 2012

One of our employees gave us concert tickets in Dodge City to see the Oakridge Boys Quartet. We made reservations two weeks prior to the concert. We reserved a downstairs room, as both my husband and I have health issues. We arrived to check in, and were told that our room was an upstairs room. My husband told the desk clerk that we had reserved a downstairs room. She informed him that we should have arrived earlier, because it was "first come, first served ".He asked what point there was in even making a reservation and was informed that he could either take the second floor room or look elsewhere. We won't be going back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We greatly appreciate you taking a few moments to write a review. Please accept our deepest apologies for any inconvenience and confusion our staff may have caused you regarding your assigned room. Unfortunately, we only have 9 smoking rooms, containing either a king size bed or two queens, and they are located all throughout the hotel. At times the demand for these rooms is high and we do our best to meet the request of all of our guests made at the time of making the reservation. I appreciate your feedback, as this enables us to target our problem areas and use it at a resource for improving our guest services.

Travelers are raving about these Dodge City hotels

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were on a 3 week road trip and this was the by far the worst place we stayed. We were greeted warmly and the check in went smoothly. But when we went to find our room it was not easy to locate. Our front door to our room, went right into a common area - basketball court and pool area. In fact our A/C was vented into that area and had a drip pan underneath to catch the water. It was hot and humid that day. Because of this our room was not very cool. We had to listed to people play basketball until 10 PM. That was annoying, lots of bouncing balls. The back door went into another hallway. The carpets were awful. The beds had old bedspreads. That was gross. However the room seemed clean and did have a new T.V. It also had a microwave and frig. The bathroom was OK. They had a breakfast buffet in the morning that was free. I wish they would have had some fruit. I asked for an orange juice, which I knew I would have had to pay for extra, but they were out. That seemed strange because we were there early. Most of the food on the buffet looked pretty greasy, so I didn't eat much of it. Overall this hotel needs some serious updating. $100 to stay here was just not worth it. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank limey52
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Most hotels in Dodge City are WAY overpriced! The Dodge House does have friendly staff, good rooms and the best part is a GREAT Breakfast buffet included in the price. REAL home cooked omelets, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kansas
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Pros: Friendly staff, fairly clean rooms, nice towels, good water pressure, quiet AC/Heater, easy access.

Cons: Dated hotel in much need of a facelift, thin walls, hard mattresses, flat pillows, poor television reception in one room we stayed in (another evening we stayed the TV was a newer brand and had better reception), toilet kept running unless you wiggled the handle.

We had a conference rate and while it was worth the lower rate I would not stay there again if I had to pay the normal rate.

Room Tip: If you stay here ask for a room that is not near the "dome" where the pool / recreation ar...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank KansasBreeze
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

This place advertises that it is remodeled from the original Dodge House. No way! It is on the outskirts of town. You have to drive to get to the old part of town which is also touristified. Kids might love it, but we found no charms at all. Rooms had worn carpet and furniture. They were clean. Hallway smelled of old smoke. Never again!

• Stayed September 2012