“Clean rooms, plenty to do and great customer service!”
Review of Dodge House Hotel

Dodge House Hotel
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Hotel includes a pool, hot tub, arcade, basketball, volleyball, ping pong and much more! The rooms are very well maintained. There is also a full bar and restaurant. Location is great and there is a free shuttle to the casino which no other hotels in town offer. Best spot in dodge city.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Shaubr

Reviewed June 15, 2011

If you like the west and the simple life, this is a great place to be and relax, for your family or for yourself. The most important thing to me is the clean enviroment and I feel like home.The staff and the owner were friendly and helpful willing to go out of their way to help your stay be the most enjoyable.More importantly to me and my crew, from all the places that we have been is how friendly the people from this town are.As a business man myself I know how hard the staff and owner are working to keep this place alive and the meaning of the west. Wish the best of luck.

Room Tip: Call ahead of time.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rigokid
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My husband and I were traveling with a group of 30 other British car enthusiasts through Kansas. The coordinator selected Dodge House as the host hotel. I knew it wouldn't be a pleasant stay when I saw the cracked glass in the front door. For an unknown reason the hotel had my husband and I as having booked 2 rooms. The hotel advertises free internet service; but it it didn't work throughout our stay. Our room was centrally located off the pool/game area on the first floor. However, we had to pass the pile of discarded furniture and odds and ends stacked in a corner. The sleeping room had a desk; but no accompanying chair. I pulled the desk next to the bed in order to sit and work. Either a hotel employee, or another guest who had our room key, actually opened our door unannounced soon after we checked-in. My husband advised the desk clerk who rekeyed our key cards; but offered no apology nor explanation. We were glad we hadn't paid for the breakfast: the biscuits and sausage were hard; the eggs and pancakes were cold; the service was indifferent. We won't stay here on the way back east.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hontodesu
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We liked the old west atmosphere, kids loved the pool slide and pool area/jacuzzi. A real bargain for such good accomodations. Unexpected. Free hot breakfast. Will stay there when ever we are in Dodge City overnight.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank beasmus
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Customer service was the beat I had seen in a long time...means a lot to my family that the staff made us feel so comfortable !!!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank catibarrett
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This is a old motel, rooms are old, the courtyard area is old, I really don't have anything good to say.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Luckylady61
Reviewed June 2, 2011

If you have a family, then this might be the place for you. A pool, basketball court, table tennis, etc - all within feet of your room. However, if you are expecting a level of cleanlieness and quality above a worn Motel 6, this place should not be on your list.

Property is in desperate need of updating and the "Western Theme" is utterly hokey (not genuine or quaint in the slightest). The one plus is the breakfast buffet, which was included in my room cost, was pretty good.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
#1 of 19 in Dodge City
Comfort Suites Dodge City
Comfort Suites Dodge City
#4 of 19 in Dodge City

Been to Dodge House Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Dodge House Hotel

Address: 2408 W Wyatt Earp Blvd, Dodge City, KS 67801-3003
Location: United States > Kansas > Dodge City
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Price Range: $82 - $92 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Dodge House Hotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Dodge House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Dodge City Hotel