“Road trip”

Best Western Plus Country Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We took a road trip this past February and without knowing any areas that we were stopping at we found this hotel to be one we would frequent again. The rooms are very clean and spacious. We liked the ability to go in and out of inside or outside door on the lower level. The hot tub and pool area extremely well kept. Breakfast that was served was very acceptable with cold items as well as some hot items. We decided to stay again on our way back home and so glad that we did. The only thing is that the front desk should know more about the computer and printer. There was some issues when I needed to print off some items and she didn't know anything about it. Otherwise the staff was very accommodating as well, very pleasant. It was also nice to have an IHOP steps away for dinner, which was very clean and food was good. Thank You

Room Tip: Some lower level rooms have both inside and outside access
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
BestWesternStaff, Manager at Best Western Plus Country Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Brenda, Thanks for you review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the Best Western Country Inn and Suites! I am sorry about our printer that was down in the business center we are having our tech come and look at it this week to resolve that problem. Thanks again for staying with us and hope to have you back soon.
Thanks,Brock Cunningham

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times. The king size bedroom is large ....with a couch for the granddaughter...the swimming pool is the warmest...workout room good...White Spot....love it...
200 words too many to write.

• Stayed: January 2013
BestWesternStaff, Manager at Best Western Plus Country Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thanks for your comments! It dont matter if it was 1 word or 200, its just nice to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us and glad we met your expectations! Thanks, Brock Cunningham

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I always appreciate hotels that are pet friendly since my Bichon travels with me often. This is the 2nd time I've stayed here and the first time was good, located on the 1st floor to make it easy to take her out. This most recent time I was given a room that had another door that went outside so it was REALLY convenient to walk her. I was even able to park right out front the door, which made loading my car a breeze. The staff are helpful and friendly, hotel is clean, didn't notice any "stained" towels. Bed was comfortable although sheets a little thin, pillows okay. Breakfast was fine, nothing out of the ordinary, biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage and hash browns (like McDonald's). I love having a refrigerator and MW in the room, brand of coffee could be improved but again, this is not a 5 star hotel so overall, it's a great stay, I highly recommend it and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your response. We try our best to make everyones stay the best we can! I am happy that the room you were in worked perfect for you! If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay better please just ask the front desk and we will help you!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was our first time to Dodge City. We took our son there for a college visit. The hotel was nice and very clean. Crystal was very professional as she got us checked in. The rooms are very clean and comfortable bed. The rest of the staff was really nice. The breakfast was very filling and Maria kept the breakfast room stocked and very clean. I forgot my laptop and didn't realize it till I got home. I called the next morning and Crystal answered the phone. I explained that I forgot my lap top and she asked me to hold for a moment while she went to see if it was there. She got back on the phone as gave me the good news that the laptop was there. She even made sure it was mailed out that same day. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Suites have two queen beds and a sofa hide a bed
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thanks so much for the nice response! I am very thankful we have such great help down here and it feels even better when others see that too. I understand how frustrating it is to lose something that important, glad we could get that back to you so you could get back to work! Thanks so much for staying here at the Best Western!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We loved our stay at this super friendly hotel. We were traveling through with my mother-in-law, 2 kids and 2 dogs. The weather held us up, but they held our rooms and made us feel right at home. They had little gift boxes for the dogs, and even took special care of our twelve-year old Corgi. The kids LOVED the room decor and (of course) the little jail. We are vegetarians and found plenty of fresh offerings at breakfast. We will definitely be staying there again as we travel back and forth!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank m0mmamindy

Thanks so much for staying with us here at the Best Western Country Inn and Suites! We are happy we met all your needs. Please come back and stay with us again. If we can do anything else to make your stay more comfortable please let us know!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We have stayed many, many times in Dodge City over the past 30+ years, as it is on our route between our New Mexico home and Lawrence. This is a very well run hotel. The staff are welcoming and extremely courteous. The rooms are very clean and nicely decorated, very comfortable and quiet. The public areas are also clean and well-lit, and the Christmas decorations were pretty and cheerful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, regardless of length of stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank betty12443
BestWesternStaff, Manager at Best Western Plus Country Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thanks for such a nice review. We would like to thank you for staying with us and hope to have your business again. We will always do our best to make any customer happy and pleased we had the opportunity to do that for you!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Dodge City is a little rough around the edges, but this hotel exceeded our exceptations. The staff was friendly and professional and the rooms have been remodeled sometime recently. The rooms are clean and the breakfast was adequate. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
BestWesternStaff, Manager at Best Western Plus Country Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thanks for the review, its always nice to have positive feedback. We just upgraded our Tv's to 42 inch flat screens, haven't done any remodeling we just try to keep our property looking as new and fresh possible! Thanks again and Happy Holidays to you and your family!