“Great Staff/Location”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Dodge City, Kansas
“Great Staff/Location”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Nice hotel, has nice southwestern art just about everywhere. It's a good location if you are staying in dodge for a while. Right down the street from some good places to eat. Close to walmart and a dillons grocery store. I like the inside/outside entrances to the room. you have a hallway entrance, and then the rooms on the front have an outside door that you can pull right up to. this makes it easier to accomodate a dog, as they are pet friendly.

I stayed here over 6 mo, and can tell you that the staff was great, from the owner to his son, oscar, the girls at the front desk are great. Pretty decent free breakfast every morning, includes eggs and sausage among other things.

If you are in Dodge, this is a great place for a night or even long term

Room Tip: I like the first floor with the outside door, but if someone is a stomper on the second floor above...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank chased_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Great hotel, good food, friendly people, quiet atmosphere. The only drawback is that it is near a busy intersection, traffic sounds aren't too bad, but the train sirens blow in the middle of the night. During the weeknights at least 5 trains came through between midnight and 6:00 am, on Saturday night it was only one! If you're a heavy sleeper, not too bad, but if you're a light sleeper, give up the front balcony view and get a room in the back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Katherine L
Murcia, Spain
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Dodge City is a busy working town. Forget the place in Gunsmoke:- it's long gone! But for an overnight stop on US50, it's a good place to stop and this Best Western "Plus" is recommended.

I read on here some excessively glowing reports but would be a little suspicious of some of these. However we got a room on the 1st floor with direct access to our car from the room which is great. If you want this, ask for a 1st floor room with accessibility. Saves hauling bags upstairs and along corridors!

The room was of good size and well furnished. This hotel is not new and looks as if it has had some refurbishment but our room was showing its age in some ways. But not really a problem for us. There was a safe (hoorah!), fridge and microwave but the TV was an ancient tube one with a poor picture.

Staff were great and we enjoyed our brief stay at this hotel, the 10th on this trip. But have no idea what qualifies as a Best Western "Plus"?!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnash
Salina, Kansas, USA
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My father in law had surgery in Dodge City so my family and I made reservations to stay at the Best Western Plus Country Inn & Suites for the night. Before we even left our hometown my father in law was out of surgery and being dismissed. Since they live an hour away from Dodge City I called the hotel and asked if they could be let into our room so he could lie down while we drove to Dodge. The gentleman was very nice and let them in early. Once we arrived we found the hotel to be a wonderful facility! Everything was clean and comfortable with a wonderful seating area overlooking the lobby. My husband and I took our children to the pool and found the water to be extremely cold. This was the only downfall. However, our boys swam while we sat in the hot tub.

We slept wonderful in our room which was located right off of the upstairs balcony. I had worried about noise but it was never an issue. Breakfast was very nice with omelets, biscuits and gravy, and the usual breakfast fare.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This was the first time we stayed here & can definitely say we will be back. The rooms were clean, the breakfast selection was good, and the price was not overly expensive going into the holiday weekend. I did not get a chance to use the pool & hot tub, but it looked very inviting.

I would suggest this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay in Dodge City.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank traveler_opinions
Hays, Kansas
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Friendly people and great service!! Rooms are clean and beds are great ! Close to everything. Morning breakfast is great and free!!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jhaleyusa
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I would highly recommend the Dodge City Best Western, as I work in and the mid-west trust me from living on the road, I know a great hotel experience against the latter. I've even stayed in most of the other larger chain hotels right here in Dodge and haven't had near the personal service as I got at The Best Western. Bill and Brock are family and will make you family if you'll let 'em. they are there to please and will do whatever they have too to ensure a pleasant stay, and if they're asleep call on Oscar another great hand they have available to you most nights. The rooms are always keep to high standard of cleanliness that most chain hotels ignore. Their staff is extremely courteous and I'd put them up against any higher rated hotel I've stayed at. Sometimes the bigger you get the more more services can lack. I invite you, if you have to stay in Dodge, give Bill or Brock a call and experience a great nights stay in Dodge City.

Room Tip: I enjoy the west side as most of the rooms on that side have a small patio and chair of sorts to rel...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business