“nasty overall”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Wish I had read the other reviews before we stopped here. Not only was it just yukky, they had a pool that had been drained and was partially filled w/ rain water & trash.
Spend a few $ more and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debmcd

Reviewed May 27, 2010

We checked in and got fairly settled in the room. After about 30 minutes we noticed a few bugs. On closer inspection discovered they were roaches.We quickly shook out and packed our stuff back in the car. My husband fought with the guy at the front desk and finally took him one of the roaches to show him. We got refunded half of the price so payed $40 for about a half hour stay. The front guy told us they had been spraying frequently for bugs. Will never stay here again!! Luckily we have family in the area so were able to crash on the floor there. Then had to spray everything down. What a pain in the butt.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank travellingfamilyof5
Reviewed April 7, 2010

This is the 4th hotel I have stayed at in Dodge and for the price and comfort it beats the rest. There is a little road noise. The bed was so comfortable that I slept through the breakfast. So, I can't rate it. Remember, that this is not the Ritz, it is a value inn. Will be staying again for 5 nights in April with the wife.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2010

we stayed at the americas best value inn-dodge city ks jan 1st of 2010. This was clean and comfortable and the heater was on in the room when we got there, considering how cold it was there. The front desk person was nice to us and helpful about what to do in town. So for the price and comfort this is a place i would stay again with the family.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Stayed one night but only because we had no choice. The place is a disgrace. The bed and pillows were appaling, stained pillows, dirty blankets, carpets filty and covered in cigarette burns. The bed base and mattress were absolutly filthy. The bathroom, suprisingly, was clean, This hotel has received a face lift on the outside but the rooms are old and very very shabby. Filthy, will never stay in this chain again. The hotel advertised a pool and it did have one, empty except for two feet of green water at one end.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tripperpands
Reviewed August 11, 2007

Management could not verify our reservation even after getting an e-mail confirmation AND making a phone call where they lied about the rate on the phone. We paid anyway and found a filthy room with unbelievably cheesy towels and broken furniture. The worst!

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dncent
Reviewed May 30, 2007

This year I planned a trip to the Grand Canyon - driving from Ontario, Canada. This would require a number of hotel stays, so I wanted to ensure that I saved as much money wherever possible.

One of the stays on my way back was the Budget Host Inn in Dodge City, Kansas. The rate posted on the website was $36/night for a single occupancy, which seemed reasonable. I booked online, and while doing so was required to call to confirm the reservation. I called the following day to confirm, and they asked if I would like to leave a credit card number to officially book the room, which I did. I was given a confirmation number, and everything was fine.

Until I arrived. Upon arrival to the hotel, I was told that they don't have a reservation under my name. I asked if the confirmation number would help. I was told that this is not they type of reservation number they would have. I asked to confirm the address that I was at, which was correct. I confirmed the phone number that I printed out from their website, which was correct. But they didn't seem to have my reservation.

I was also immediately asked if I was told about the rate, which i indicated I was - $36/night. The lady at the counter indicated, "No, that's our winter rate. The rate during the summer is $49." She offered to speak to her manager, who didn't meet with me, but alleges that he indicated the rate to me - which is completely untrue. I booked at least half a dozen other hotels, all of which I checked, double-checked, and triple checked. None of them screwed me around by trying to make a few extra bucks upon my arrival.

So at this point, I had driven about 1000km (around 600 miles) in one day, to arrive and be told that I have no reservation, but they have lots of space, and I can stay for an extra $14 more than the rate at which I RESERVED.

I decided to leave, and drive straight through to my next stop in Missouri, another 700km away. Mostly based on the principle of the thing. My only concern now is that the damn place might try to charge me for the room, since I provided a CC# to them 2 or 3 weeks previous to my visit. But with "no reservation on file", I guess they can't possibly charge me for a canceled/missed reservation, now can they?

As a result - I will never reserve or stay at a Budget Host Inn anywhere. Ever. Terrible customer service. Terrible.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo