“Worst Place I've Ever Stayed!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Bayfield, Colorado
“Worst Place I've Ever Stayed!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have never stayed at any hotel worse than this one anywhere. My room not only had worn out furniture, badly stained furniture and broken bathroom tile, but it was filthy dirty. Check in service was a bit odd as well - the clerk reminded me that since I was alone and staying in a room with two beds that I was not to use both beds?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Richard D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at. I woke up with BED BUGS crawling on me, and they were all over the mattress. When I went to get my money refunded the service was absolutely horrible. The manager didn't care at all!! He wouldn't refund one of the nights and this was his reasoning...I could refund you your money but because I own this place I can do what I want. THIS IS THE LAST HOTEL I WOULD EVER STAY IN. Unless you enjoy waking up with bed bugs on you and your things, and you like being treated like crap then move along in your hotel search and take your money elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank No Name L

Travelers are raving about these Dodge City hotels

Hutchinson
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Was not happy with my stay at thsi place. My family and I had arrived from a two hour drive. The price of the stay was good because I had booked in online. The overall location was ok also. When we checked in the wife/owner was terrible. She wanted to argue with me about how many rooms I had booked, she made me pay 15.00 extra for a double when I had already paid for it. She was very hateful! The keys did not work, we had to take them back to the office multiple times to get them to work. The bathroom door in our room would not lock the door was busted. I tried to plug in my laptop and phone charger the extension cord was fried. The towels in our room where filty, we got up early to go get coffee from the kwik shop and we greated both the husband and wife and neither one of them responded! Every time we left the owners starred from the lobby like we where doing something wrong, at check out we had not even left the parking lot and they where already cleaning out our room. Terrible place to stay, overall decent hotel, and decent price but the staff is terrible! Not customer friendly at all! Worse hotel I have ever stayed at will not refer anyone there ever. I we where not so short on time when we arrived I would have canceled all three rooms I had booked!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Maria G
Great Bend, Kansas
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is an older two story motel. The manager checking me in was very nice and professional. The rooms are dated as well (you could tell its been painted over several times), and the bathroom door had problems closing. But the room was clean, and the bed extremely comfortable. Its location right next to wyatt earp makes it a definite stay for me in the future as well.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank tchaser
Asheville
Reviewed October 13, 2012

When my husband and I visited this motel it was filled with construction type workers. There was nothing special about our room but the desk clerk was quick to act when an altercation between two guests escalated. The desk clerk did not hesitate to call the police and have the guests arrested which resulted in a quite night.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sandra T
Pipe Creek, TX
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this motel in Dodge City so much that we stayed at it twice on the same road trip!--two nights going up north and one night returning to Texas...It had everything we needed, including a microwave and refrigerator, plus a FREE continental breakfast!...The price was far lower than other motels WITHOUT breakfast, microwave or refrigerator...It's a good value for the money!

Room Tip: We had several large and heavy bags, so we were able to get a 1st floor room...They were very accomo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Macclenny
Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you like roaches then this is your place. If you like flies in your room then this is your place.
bathroom extra small and room in need of up dating.

Room Tip: Try and find another hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family