“Do not stay here!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Was not happy with my stay at thsi place. My family and I had arrived from a two hour drive. The price of the stay was good because I had booked in online. The overall location was ok also. When we checked in the wife/owner was terrible. She wanted to argue with me about how many rooms I had booked, she made me pay 15.00 extra for a double when I had already paid for it. She was very hateful! The keys did not work, we had to take them back to the office multiple times to get them to work. The bathroom door in our room would not lock the door was busted. I tried to plug in my laptop and phone charger the extension cord was fried. The towels in our room where filty, we got up early to go get coffee from the kwik shop and we greated both the husband and wife and neither one of them responded! Every time we left the owners starred from the lobby like we where doing something wrong, at check out we had not even left the parking lot and they where already cleaning out our room. Terrible place to stay, overall decent hotel, and decent price but the staff is terrible! Not customer friendly at all! Worse hotel I have ever stayed at will not refer anyone there ever. I we where not so short on time when we arrived I would have canceled all three rooms I had booked!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria G

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is an older two story motel. The manager checking me in was very nice and professional. The rooms are dated as well (you could tell its been painted over several times), and the bathroom door had problems closing. But the room was clean, and the bed extremely comfortable. Its location right next to wyatt earp makes it a definite stay for me in the future as well.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank tchaser
Reviewed October 13, 2012

When my husband and I visited this motel it was filled with construction type workers. There was nothing special about our room but the desk clerk was quick to act when an altercation between two guests escalated. The desk clerk did not hesitate to call the police and have the guests arrested which resulted in a quite night.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra T
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this motel in Dodge City so much that we stayed at it twice on the same road trip!--two nights going up north and one night returning to Texas...It had everything we needed, including a microwave and refrigerator, plus a FREE continental breakfast!...The price was far lower than other motels WITHOUT breakfast, microwave or refrigerator...It's a good value for the money!

Room Tip: We had several large and heavy bags, so we were able to get a 1st floor room...They were very accomo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you like roaches then this is your place. If you like flies in your room then this is your place.
bathroom extra small and room in need of up dating.

Room Tip: Try and find another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MollieJMacclenny
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The most notable thing about this motel was that there was no staff visible. Other than a somewhat grouchy Indian lady who checked us in, there was no one in the lobby at any other time that I saw. It was like they didn’t take too much pride in the property. No smiles of welcome, or expressions of hospitality that I would expect from any place of lodging. Lobby smelled like curry, but it wasn’t too overpowering. $69 rate. Room was spare but clean. A real downside was that we kept hitting our ankles on two sharp pieces of metal that stuck out about an inch and a half from both of the bed frames. Yowser! It hurt a lot and I had a cut on my leg for the rest of our vacation. Pool was drained and full of junk. The pool was not advertised on the marquee,however. Clientele was a mixture of construction workers and tourists. The “Continental Breakfast” was two types of flake cereal, like raisin brain & cornflakes. There was no coffee when I went. Milk, apple and orange juice and they tasted good.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelingal63126
Reviewed May 21, 2012

from the moment i walked in i felt good about my choice.the desk lady insisted on showing me the room.as an employee her pride in the place was great in this day of nonchalance.the owners were great.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo