“You WILL NOT leave hungry!”

Boot Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Dodge City B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“You WILL NOT leave hungry!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This was such a wonderful treat! My family and I stayed this past weekend for Memorial Weekend and had the best time ever. Enid and Kurt were amazing hosts and we definitely wanted for nothing. They allowed us to use their home as if it was ours and treated us like kings. Breakfast each morning was definitely the highlight at this adorable B&B....fresh fruit, pancakes, eggs cooked to order, bacon, sausage, homemade pastries, potatoes, etc... There were 14 of us staying and we have all agreed that staying at the Boothill B&B was the best place in all of Dodge City. Each couple had their own rooms which included sep bathrooms, coffee makers, tv's DVD players, fresh cookies, hairdryers, etc....some hotels in town didn't even carry these items and charged $50 more per night! Please consider the Boothill B&B the next time you are in town - I honestly believe you will not regret it!

Room Tip: The Miss Kitty room has an oversized jetted tub and walk out balcony!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
CO
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I was just passing through on my way from NH to CO recently so did not have too much time there but Kurt and Enid were wonderful, welcoming, and informative hosts. The Dillon suite I stayed in was ridiculously comfortable, well appointed, a great evening view from the deck, with the hot tub and shower most welcome after 10 days camping across the country. Sadly, I didnt get to sample Enid's cooking which, from what I gathered in town, is something memorable and well known, but the homemade cookies in the room were delicious! Thanks for a great although short stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
United States
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I agree with other reviewers--this is Dodge City and it's not much of a destination. The house is pleasant, our room was large and well equipped. Sleep quality was good, although getting to sleep was hard with the TV on in the living room which was just above us. Furnishings were a somewhat strange mix--my husband referred to it as flea market chic--and there was an overall feeling of clutter throughout the house. I would seriously go on a cleaning spree. Pillows were definitely older, as were towels. Maintenance seemed behind--for example, our door wouldn't stay closed unless it was locked.
Breakfast was a real treat, particularly Enid's baked goods. She and Kurt are obviously trying very hard to please, and were very helpful and accomodating. We would return if we were in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elisabeth_7
Ned_Dacstruk, Owner at Boot Hill Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Hi Elizabeth
Please accept our thanks for your frank review. Sometimes we get so close to things that we do not always see what is right in front of us. We really appreciate all feed back even if we don't always like what we see. It is not an excuse but I do know that since my surgery last month I have not been on top of things as I am normally and things have had to be put on the back burner. However I will take care of all your issues and am glad that you enjoyed your stay in spite of them and are very glad you will come back if you visit again. We really enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again in the future.
Thanks again
Enid
Alexandria, Minnesota
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband, father-in-law and I stayed here while traveling from AZ to MN. Kurt and Enid were very friendly and accommodating to all our needs. The home is lovely and comfortable. My husband and I had a room and the bath was a short couple of steps across the hall - private for us. It was large and wonderful. Kurt has an extensive collection of VHS and DVD movies - too many to count - what a nice treat to browse through them and choose one we hadn't seen. Enid's breakfast is a marvel. We were spoiled royally and she had such funny and interesting stories. We really felt at home. She is also an incredible baker and we enjoyed the freshly baked cookies left in our room. A very nice experience. Thank you Kurt and Enid!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Topeka, Kansas, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed this past weekend at Boot Hill Bed & Breakfast, and can't wait to return! This was our 1st Bed and Breakfast experince and we were not disappointed! Breakfast was wonderful, and our room was outstanding, with the huge, soft bed and pillows. Kurt was a wonderful host and our experience couldn't of been better. We cant wait to travel to Dodge City again, stay at the Bed & Breakfast and meet Enid too!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole S
Topeka, KS
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I've stayed here frequently when in town on business, and recently brought my family with me on a mini-vacation. This was the first time my step-daughter had stayed in a B&B and she wasn't too sure about it, at first. But she was completely won over by Enid's chocolate chip pancakes and has already asked when we're going back to stay with my friends. Ha... so fun. Kurt and Enid are extremely hard working, fun to visit with, and know how to treat their guests. I'm looking forward to the next opportunity to stay with them.

Room Tip: We had the "Miss Kitty" room which has a balcony that overlooks the historic Boot Hill and...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank breoni
wichita,ks
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Wi-Fi, cable and a great breakfast, less expensive than chain motels.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business