“Beware!!! Reservation not honored!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Belair Motel

Belair Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dodge City
Belair Motel
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Springfield, Missouri
“Beware!!! Reservation not honored!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Beware!!! Reservation not honored!!! Based upon Tripadvisor, I made a reservation for a Saturday night. I spoke with the owner and explained I would arrive after traveling all day, would arrive at 9-10 PM and needed the room guaranteed. I also gave my credit card number to guarentee the room. The owner promised a room in the new addition. When I arrived, the owner said he had let the room to someone else. His lame excuse was that he had called "someone" who had approved releasing the room. Nonsense!! No one ever called me and the phone number was for my cell. Result: It was late, the weather was terrible, I had been traveling all day, and i had no place to stay. Lucky for me I got the last room at the Best Western - otherwise, I would have had to sleep in my car or keep driving into storms.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Charles P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bella Vista, AR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

As noted by other reviewers, be sure to request a room in the "new" section. Sparsely furnished but immaculately clean, comfortable bed, modern bathroom fixtures, plenty of hot water, walls are kind of thin but luckily my neighbors were quiet. Microwave and fridge in room, coffee maker provided at my request. Convenient location, accommodating, hospitable owner/manager, great value at $45 per night for just passing through town.

Room Tip: Rooms in "new" section are fine; "old" section looks run down
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Soxgirl58
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Thanks to tripadvisor, I took a chance on the Belair Motel and was pleasantly surprised. The new room was clean, shower great and the bed was comfortable. Also had great flat screen tv with lots of channels, a fridge and microwave. I was waiting to pick my honey up from Amtrak train after midnight and was only 1.5 mi. from the station. The only improvement I'd suggest is more and thicker towels. Be sure to ask for a "new" room which is a deal for $51.00 with tax.

Room Tip: #36 was on the end, so was quiet, tho the walls were a little thin.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank roxieb8
McCook, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

They were all most likely written by the same people, or group of workers there. The truth is that it's a dump with a capitol "ump". The place is old.. probably built back in the 50s, the fixtures are ancient, the rooms are tiny, and the noise from the nearby hi way is incredibly loud at times. Our bed was small and the mattress very very hard. Up until recently, the sign out front was phallic shaped..... that's right ... phallic shaped.
This is a typical second rated motel ran by indians, and not the kind that Dodge City 'used' to have.
As you leave, the front desk guy actually says, "thank you... come again" Just like the quick shop guy on the Simpsons.
Nah, stay away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Garland P
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

We were looking for a place to spend the night in Dodge and read about the Bel Air on Trip Advisor. I called the hotel and asked for their website but they don't have one. Told us to look on Trip Advisor and promised us clean, new rooms. We were not disappointed. Flatscreen TV, microwave, fridge, comfortable beds. The pillows could have been a bit fuller but for the money this place was well worth it. If you're just looking for a place to sleep and don't need a pool, hot tub or breakfast this is your ticket.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank gmadeb55
Searcy, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

We read about the Belair Motel on Trip Advisor and made reservations based on the reviews..and we are very glad we did. We reserved a room in the newly constructed part of the motel. We havent seen the rooms in the old part, but the new rooms are clean, comfortable and excellent.
There was plenty of hot water for four adult showers in the morning, and they also have an ice machine that produces Sonic style ice. The owners themselves have taken care of us and been super friendly and accomodating. We highly recommend staying here if you are going to be staying in or passing through Dodge City!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank james b
Kansas City Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

After reading on Trip Advisor that the Number 1 hotel in Dodge City had a problem with train & street noise (and bugs) we decided to stay at the Number 2 hotel and are we glad we did. At one-third the price of Number 1, this place is a tremendous value...the new building - which is where you want to stay - is set far back from the road. We'll be back!

• Stayed September 2011