“Terrible Service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

My family and I ate at the Dodge City Applebee's in June, 2010. In defense of the restaurant, it was after 10:30 p.m. and they were in "closing mode". However, it took forever to be waited on. We finally received our food, except for my order (french dip sliders/baked potatoe). We were told that my food would be right out. After 15 mins. of waiting and no return of our waitress, I approached a waiter in another area and asked when I might get my food. He seemed surprised that I had not received my meal and said my meal would be right out. After another 15 mins. (family is through eating). I received my food. My potatoe was all but raw. There was no way at all to eat the potatoe. The sandwiches were adequate. I explained this to the waitress and was told that the manager would be out to speak with me. He never did come to our table. When the waitress brought the bill she stated that my meal would be removed from the bill. She never did return to our table to collect our payment. We finally just left our payment on the table and exited the building. We will never eat at this restaurant again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ColoradoKSUMom

Hampshire
“Can't beat the value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2009

We find all Applebees restaurants to be excellent value with great food and more than adequate portions. We went here for lunch and had the special. It cost $19.50 for two and we were stuffed.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pearl65
Castle Rock, CO
“consistently good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

A lot of fast food in Dodge City. Applebee's serves a varied menu with excellent preparation. On "steak night" (I think it was Monday), my steak was cooked exactly as ordered and was delicious. Another night I also enjoyed a Weight Watchers meal at Applebee's. Be wary of Montana Mikes. They can be OK or they can be really bad.