“OK stay for the money.”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Concordia
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“OK stay for the money.”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is a older motel with the typical issues that accompany these type of hotels. The breakfast area was relatively small, and was not being restocked well, so I ended up eating a little in my room and grabbing some more at a fast-food restaurant on my way out of town. If you want anything more than the basics, you will probably want to look elsewhere as it's definitely nothing much more than a relatively inexpensive place to sleep, but my stay was OK for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mulberry, Kansas, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The stay here was not all that great. Appears to be under remodeling. The clerk(American) couldn't seem to figure out how much for 2 nights. She finally had to have me use my card 2 different times to get the room for 2 nights. We ended up staying yet a 3rd night. So I ended up with 3 receipts. The continental breakfast was cold along with the coffee. The room smelled, the door had gaps around the edge. Housekeeping would shut the AC off, and when we came back, in the evening, it was hot in there. The cable TV wasn't very good, the pictures were snowy. Had trouble running the remote(and yes, I do know how to run a remote). We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Recommend you stay else where if at all possible.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Concordia hotels

Perry, Kansas
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I travel for a construction co. and only get a small amount of perdiem for food and lodging. I travel alone and work long hours. For a clean room, cold AC and Cable TV, it's not bad.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Perryks
USA
Reviewed August 30, 2009

This place should not be standing, let alone operating! My stay at this establishment went from bad to worse in a matter of only an hour. Upon arrival, I was put into a smoking room, complete with an ashtray and the odor of stale smoke. I was told the room was in fact a non-smoking room and having a child with asthma, I still insisted I be moved. The SECOND room was just down a few doors with a door that literally could not be opened. The clerk's 'friend' was sent down with me to 'show me how to open the door'. The instructions were given to me 'slowly turn the handle upright, while pushing hard in the center and up a little'. She tried four times and it worked once. Next. The THIRD room I was accomodated in opened fine, was located on the end of the hotel 'near the construction guys' as the clerk so put it. It was a nicely accomodated room, as far as I could tell. My daughter and I briefly left to go to the store and upon returning, our room was still very warm, despite the AC running for an hour. Its August. In Kansas...come on. Next. The FOURTH and final room was above all, the most horrifying nighttime experience of my life. Very stained carpet and the rubber baseboard was peeling down from the wall, exposing very ugly things. There were many places where the floor met the wall that were large gaping holes, leading to who knows where? Looked like Jerry's home frome Tom & Jerry. Fixures were barely placed on the walls in the bathroom and it was utterly a mess. Finally the last detail is almost too unbearable to type but I will. My daughter and I had visitors all night. Yes, you guessed it. Cockroaches. I cannot tell you how many I killed. We left the lights on all night and sprayed bug spray around our beds and luggage. I got zero sleep - and we both are in a wedding on the following day. Wow. You are really not going to believe the next part: When we went down to cancel our reservation for the next night's stay (duh), the clerk KNEW that room had been infested and treated for roaches!!!! Yes! The night clerks were NOT supposed to book that room out to guests!!! He tried to offer me another room that would 'meet my expectations'.....right! All of the wedding guests that were supposed to stay there cancelled their rooms and booked elsewhere. I cannot tell you how far away you should stay from this place. It shouldn't even be open.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank b00k-reader
Eastern Kansas
Reviewed August 7, 2009

A colleague and I arrived at 7:30PM, on August 3rd '09. As soon as we went to register, I knew we had trouble. The clerk was rude and discourteous, and rather unkempt. I kept telling my self it was only for a night, but as soon as I entered my room I noticed the grease stained carpet, and the room had a faint smell of B.O. and stale cigarette smoke ( this was a non-smoking room). I went to check the bathroom, and there was an old used bar of soap still on the shower shelf ! Last but not least, the space behind the dresser looked like a trash can.
If it hadn't been as late as it was, we never would have stayed there. Oh yes, not the fault of the motel, but the partying in the parking all night was not conducive to a good n ights sleep. I would never recommend anyone staying here, and I am suprised this place still has corporate association.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Hiwayman750
san jose
Reviewed May 14, 2008

I saw the staff is very helpful. Breakfast looking to cost was good
This is a small town motel but maitained well All the rooms and overall experience with my family was very courteous & wonderful
I would recommond for relax

• Liked — Humbleness of staff
  • Disliked — No sit down dinner reaustaurent nearby
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 8, 2004

We arrived on Saturday March 6 to find that they are in the process of remodeling the hotel. Was not told this when reservations were made.
When we went to our room we found a lot of styrophone particles. They could have swept the floor before giving the room out. We also had very little toilet paper. So I went to the lady who cleans the rooms and she said the order had not come in yet. Give her some time to find some.
She did but why did we have to go there. When we went to bed we found that the bottom sheet was not fitted. So the next morning we were wrapped securely with the bottom sheet. The pillows were like infant pillows. I know that the hotel is being remodeled but I find $75.00 +/- per night is a little high for those conditions. A very disattisfied customer. I look forward to your response. I hoep to hear from you directly. Thank you for your time. Judy Nelson

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concordia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Concordia US 81
Super 8 Concordia
Super 8 Concordia
#3 of 3 in Concordia
Super 8 Belleville
Super 8 Belleville
#3 of 3 in Belleville
Americas Best Value Inn Belleville

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!