“Gotta go back!”

Heavys BBQ
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Concordia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We're new to Concordia,so after a long stint at our real estate agent,we were pretty hungry! She recommended Heavy's BBQ. I got our food to go,but as soon as I walked in,I was greeted like an old friend! I ordered pulled pork sandwiches,and they were delicious! Next time,I'll eat in....the atmosphere was very inviting! Beer on tap in a chilled glass! That's my style!

1  Thank hpdrake

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Had the brisket. Very good. I enjoyed the restaurant. Up here deer hunting from Ga. I will come back if time permits while on our trip.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Generous portions and reasonable prices. Excellent service and staff was very personable. Neat looking place inside.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We really wanted to like Heavy's BBQ. It's clearly a popular, local choice and our server was friendly, personable and attentive. Heavy's BBQ is busy, and somewhat noisy, but it’s also charming and comfortable. Portions are very generous. However, we couldn’t overlook the dry, tasteless and seriously overcooked brisket--even slathered with BBQ sauce, it was barely edible. The pulled pork was tender and moist, but surprisingly bland. There are three barbecue sauces to choose from: Original, Sweet Fire and Chili Mustard. Unfortunately, all three are extremely sweet. The BBQ beans are also very sweet. The coleslaw was OK. We also ordered the super brownie for dessert. Although it’s an absolutely huge dessert, the brownies weren't delicious. They didn’t have the moist texture and rich chocolate flavor I associate with brownies. Overall, the meal was very disappointing. We wouldn’t go back.

2  Thank cmpvb
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is my 2nd time I've ate at Heavy's.The first time was over a year ago.And my husband and I went and had steak and the fixings.And wasted $45.00 there.The steak where poorly cooked and our bakers one was kinda fresh and not cooked very well.And for his its was burnt for beening in the oven for hours besides dried out from the microwave.And the corn was not worth eating either.So wednesday oct 9th had a family get together there after a funeral.This was my 2nd trip to eat here.So my sister paid for my gardening salad which costed $8.99 and they cant even make this rite.The lettuce was wilted and water logged.Plus they had red,yellow,orange peppers and mushrooms on it.And then I asked for french dressing.Instead they brought me thousand island but they did correct that for me.If I would of paid for my meal it would of been returned for something better..And my son ordered this sandwhich that had several meats on it and the pork tenderlion was so tough he couldnt even cut it with a knife.I have alot more.

2  Thank Shannon Scheele