“Not so good”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Concordia, KS
“Not so good”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Been here 4 times, didn't like 3 times. I will keep trying as my friends like it a bunch. First time ordered fish wrap, smelled and tasted like rotten fish- couldn't even eat it, luckily there were enough fries that I could eat and be okay. Second time- Order hamburger with pulled pork in the middle. The hamburger was not cooked all the way through, so I had raw hamburger meat next to the pulled pork. Again ate my fries. Third time- Ordered chopped steak. It was okay, but nothing outstanding. But at least it was cooked through and not rotten. Fourth time ordered Club Dinner Salad. I was expecting the BBQ sauce on the side, not already on the salad. Not a fan of BBQ on a salad. Just my experiences. (And to those that may wonder if I said anything to the waitress, I did not. I was raised to not complain. I expect my waitress to notice that I haven't eaten my food and ask if everything is okay- which they did not at any time during my meals).

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank lifeisabreese

Otis, Kansas
“Quality meal at a good price”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I eat at Heavy's when I am in the Concordia, KS area. Good meal at a reasonable price, the service has always been excellent.

Lawrence, Kansas
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

To begin with, I'm a big fan of Kansas City style BBQ. This place is as good as any joint in KC.
I've eaten here twice this year. Both times VERY satisfied.
The brisket and pork sandwich comes unsauced. They offer 3 sauces; my favorite is the sweet, smoky version. Fries are hot and crispy and plentiful. I've also had their baked beans and potato salad, both excellent. Many other sandwiches and items are on the menu, I look forward to trying more of these.
The staff is friendly and attentive.

1 Thank ed-dest
Aberdeen, South Dakota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful meal, after a long travel day !”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were on our way north after our winter down south and spent the night in your nice little town. Decided to sample some Kansas BBQ. Glad we did!! Heavy's fit the bill! The ribs were delicious fall off the bone tender, and sauces were very good (we bought the original to take home) our server was very capable and attentive, and the food arrived hot and quickly! Will stop in again!

1 Thank Toni H
South Carolina
“Tasty Apps/Drinks - YES! Quality Meal - NO!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Cute place, neat atmosphere, good service, tasty appetizers, full service bar, reasonable prices, and ... really good quality - tasty- BBQ sauce! Unfortunately ... the compliments stop there. After our initial favorable impression of the place, and thinking it had such a fun exterior/interior, and being pleased with the service, and thoroughly enjoying our appetizers/drinks, we looked forward to a good, quality, meal. Unfortunately .... we were in for a big let down and we were so bummed. The actual food served to us for our meals (we ordered a variety of items) was literally all dried out - as in -really dried out - from the various meats to the "party potatoes". It tasted like we were served items that had either been sitting under a heat lamp for days, had been reheated in a microwave multiple times, or items that were on the verge of being tossed out. If, we had all ordered the same thing we would of probably summed it up to one bad item, but it was a variety of displeasing items.The only saving grace was the BBQ sauce to smother the "meat" in. Unfortunately, the potatoes could not be helped either. If you name something "party potatoes" shouldn't you make sure they are a stand out, or are at least fresh? Would like to support a "local place" over a chain, but just can't do it on this one. I think this place gets by on simply looks alone, and maybe drinks (you know the more you drink the better it tastes!). If you are in the area and want a place for some simple appetizers and a few drinks - by all means visit and enjoy yourself! If you want a quality meal, served fresh, you might as well ... just keep on driving.

• Visited March 2013