“Basic, old and dingy”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Colby
San Juan la Laguna, Guatemala
“Basic, old and dingy”
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived the lights were off in the lobby. Took a while for the clerk to greet us and check us in. The rooms show their age...broken pieces on the air conditioning controls things like that. Liquor store next door and good steakhouse across the street.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jeff H
jayshri, Manager at Super 8 Colby, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments have been shared with our front office staff. - Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kearney, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My stay at this hotel was average, employees spoke broken english and didn't seem to understand the computer system. Desk clerk offered me an upgraded room and then said he was mistaken it wasn't available. Wi-Fi worked well, breakfast offering was sparse and no room to sit down, I went back to my room. Biggest issue with tis stay was the hotel supplie incorrect infor mation to Whyndham rewards that the stay did not earn points. I booked on-line without using any special program. Supposedly the hotel admitted to the mistake, but have been waiting for the issue to be resolved for over 2 weeks. Also the spa was out 0f service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Super 8 Colby, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments have been shared with our front office staff and steps have been taken to rectify the issue. - Thanks again for your feedback and kind words about my staff. - Please come back soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Booked a room that had a 15% discount for the days that we were going. Plugged in 2 adults and 2 children (13-17) and got a rate for a 2 Queen beds room for 67.99 + tax. When we got there the man at the counter told me the rate was wrong ...that the 17 yr old is considered an adult and changed my rate to 72.24 + tax...i argued the point ...no where is a 17 yr old considered an adult...especially on your own company website. He told me "they are changing it". I called when i got home and filed a complaint and was told that he should not have changed my rate and filed a official complaint with the property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rose p

Travelers are raving about these Colby hotels

Craig, Co
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our trip through Kansas. This hotel was very clean, very quiet and the beds were comfortable. The price was very reasonable - we got a AAA rate - and we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Super 8 Colby, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Guest, I am glad to know that we met your expectations during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel; please come back and stay with us again.
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Only complaint was that the blankets were rough to the touch and the sheet had a hole in it... Other than that we had an overall nice nights sleep. (Slight cigarette smell but the air conditioner worked great so it wasn't that bad once the air got moving around.)

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Super 8 Colby, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear guest, I thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that our staff met your expectations, On the other hand, the housekeeping department will be made aware of the blanket problem.. Thanks again for your comments and looking forward to see you again.
Green River
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

My codriver and I stayed at this hotel because they had truck parking. We were both attacked by bed bugs during the night and had the bite marks to prove it. Do not stay here!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank Mpgeorge
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Super 8 after leaving the budget inn hotel and suites as that hotel should have been condemned. It was almost midnight by the time we arrived and the girl at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The room was clean, well kept, the bed was comfortable and the continental breakfast was average. There was nothing special about the hotel but certainly worth the money.

• Stayed May 2012