“good alternative to franchise hotels”

Budget Inn & Suites Colby
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Chicago
“good alternative to franchise hotels”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Budget Inn was a pleasant surprise. The motel is run by a lovely couple who were quick to provide any of the extras we requested. The room was clean and the bed was new and quite comfortable. We grilled in the green area, and enjoyed our access to the outside. A far cry better than the chain offerings clustered by the highway. Reasonably priced as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Barry D, Manager at Budget Inn & Suites Colby, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Our specialty is providing the best rates with clean comfrtable accomodation to guests whether they are a woery traveller just looking for place to rest for a few hours, a family on vacation or the busnessman or worker coming to Colby for work.

We love to see smiling faces at our recently renovated breakfast counter talking about their relaxing, restful stay and also commenting on our grounds and wonderful picnic and Barbq area.

Our sincere thanks to you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Mackinaw, Illinois
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Like others, I booked our rooms based mainly on the attractive price. My expectations were of a run down facility. First impression from the exterior were what I expected. But after that I was very pleasantly surprised. The owner checked us in and could not have been more pleasant or accommodating. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was fine even though there was no seating in the lobby. The picnic area was close and adequate. The motel is a little ways off of I-70 compared to others right at the exit. But the short trip, reasonable rates and friendly people are worth it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Your favourable review is most appreciated and we hope that you will visit us again soon.
Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This Budget Inn is run by a husband and wife, who go above and beyond to accommodate the needs of their customers. My cell did not have service in Colby and the Innkeeper allowed me to use his personal phone. The room was large and spacious. Very clean. The bathroom was a throwback to the 60s and very clean. There were modern appliances in the room, including fridge and TV. The rate was very low. I am an early riser, so I drove one minute to get a large cup of coffee. The motel was easy to find, on highway 24, off of I-70. It was quiet and restful. The bed was comfortable. I slept well, which is not always easy on the road. Definitely stop here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Your comments and review are appreciated.
We really do mean it when we say that we treat our guests as family coming home.

It is our pleasure to provide great down home country comfort and welcome guests back as long lost family.

We look forward to seeing you again soon
Akron, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We booked our room here because of the price, and were absolutely delighted by the quality. Despite a rather sad motel exterior, the room was a budget traveler's gem: spotlessly clean, very comfortable king bed, working microwave and small refrigerator, comfy sofa from which to watch the flat screen TV or access the free WiFi, and very clean bathroom. There are also picnic tables and grills available for use. The free breakfast included coffee, juice, cereal, and make-your-own waffles, though the setup is in the small lobby and one has to go to the picnic tables or back to one's room to eat. The owner/managers are delightful and are clearly putting their hearts into making a go of this little place. We were driving on Rt. 24 and so came upon it as we entered Colby, but if you are driving on I-70, it is the furthest motel from the highway, though in such a small place, that's not saying much. It's well worth driving the extra five minutes.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Your review and comments are very much appreciated and you are absolutely correct about us being away from the Hotels right at the I 70 exit.
Our Jewel (as described by a fellow guest ) has provided coutless travellers comfort and pleasure since we have been here and continue to renovate.
The Budget Inn known as "Chiefs Motel" was the happening place in Colby before I 70 came along and we intend to bring it back to its "old" glory.

Our sincere thanks and appreciation and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I reserved a room with this hotel based on price alone. It was by far the cheapest hotel in the area. THEN, I looked up reviews on the hotel. I was very concerned at this point as I was traveling with my grandson and was worried about the condition of the hotel rooms. When I pulled up, I was surprised at how clean the hotel property was. There was even a nice fenced courtyard in the middle of the parking lot that had picnic tables and grills for guests to use. The staff was very nice and check in was a breeze. I went to my room to find my biggest surprise. The room was very nice, clean, and obviously had all new furniture in it. The bed was very comfortable, there was a nice desk, dresser, a large flat screen TV on the wall, and a refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was also very clean. It was nothing like the pictures I viewed online. What I loved most was the remote to control the air conditioner. I loved not having to get up during the night to turn it down! I would definitely stay here again. It was the best value for my buck I have had in a long time. If you need a nice, quiet, clean, and comfortable place to stay, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Your wonderful comments are so heart warming and our sincere thanks for taking the time write such a meticulous review.

We still have a ways to go but it is reviews and comments like your that make us feel that we are doing the right thing and will eventually achieve our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.

We hope that other guest read your review and appreciate us for our sincere efforts.
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a recent trip from Colorado to Oklahoma. This hotel is not fancy, but was more than adequate for our overnight stay. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was adequate for a one night stay, especially given the price. I would recommend this hotel if you need a decent place to stay for one night while passing through.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Our sincere appreciation for taking time to post your review.

We do get many compliments and our beds and mattresses are almost always commented on.
We have regulars that come and stay a night just to enjoy our bed comfort and down home country hospitality.

We look forward to your visit next spring.
Portage la Prairie, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stopped between South dakota and Colorado Springs. Booked on line, and the owner wouldn't accept my paid confirmation price amd I had to pay more at the front desk. I even showed him my confirmed price and he just said if you don't like it go some place else. but wouldn't refund my original payment.

room wa dirty and needed to be updated

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
It is very unfortunate that this Canadian guest does not understand that in America we have TAX.
The guest insisted that he had made a reservation for a certain price and expected to pay just that.
The reservation confirmation clearly stated that that the price did not include local taxes and those will be calculated upon arrival.

The owner, who happened to be on property attempted to explain the above to the guest but all his efforts were in vain and he finally offered to cancel the reservation and let the guest find alternate accomodation.
The guest was aware that he would not find alternate accomodation matching or better than price and value he was paying and decided to stay and post this unfavorable review.
After being in the hospitality Industry for almost 40 years, we realize that our goal of 100% guest satisfaction might be unrealistic, consideration such unreasonable "family" coming to visit.
Neverthless we shall continue to forge ahead and strive to keep our motto a realistic dream.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colby
Days Inn Colby
American Inn Colby
American Inn Colby
#9 of 10 in Colby
Sleep Inn & Suites Oakley

Been to Budget Inn & Suites Colby? Share your experiences!