“Great Service”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Shawnee, Kansas
“Great Service”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This Budget Inn is run by a husband and wife, who go above and beyond to accommodate the needs of their customers. My cell did not have service in Colby and the Innkeeper allowed me to use his personal phone. The room was large and spacious. Very clean. The bathroom was a throwback to the 60s and very clean. There were modern appliances in the room, including fridge and TV. The rate was very low. I am an early riser, so I drove one minute to get a large cup of coffee. The motel was easy to find, on highway 24, off of I-70. It was quiet and restful. The bed was comfortable. I slept well, which is not always easy on the road. Definitely stop here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Barry D, Manager at Budget Inn & Suites Colby, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Your comments and review are appreciated.
We really do mean it when we say that we treat our guests as family coming home.

It is our pleasure to provide great down home country comfort and welcome guests back as long lost family.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Akron, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We booked our room here because of the price, and were absolutely delighted by the quality. Despite a rather sad motel exterior, the room was a budget traveler's gem: spotlessly clean, very comfortable king bed, working microwave and small refrigerator, comfy sofa from which to watch the flat screen TV or access the free WiFi, and very clean bathroom. There are also picnic tables and grills available for use. The free breakfast included coffee, juice, cereal, and make-your-own waffles, though the setup is in the small lobby and one has to go to the picnic tables or back to one's room to eat. The owner/managers are delightful and are clearly putting their hearts into making a go of this little place. We were driving on Rt. 24 and so came upon it as we entered Colby, but if you are driving on I-70, it is the furthest motel from the highway, though in such a small place, that's not saying much. It's well worth driving the extra five minutes.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Your review and comments are very much appreciated and you are absolutely correct about us being away from the Hotels right at the I 70 exit.
Our Jewel (as described by a fellow guest ) has provided coutless travellers comfort and pleasure since we have been here and continue to renovate.
The Budget Inn known as "Chiefs Motel" was the happening place in Colby before I 70 came along and we intend to bring it back to its "old" glory.

Our sincere thanks and appreciation and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I reserved a room with this hotel based on price alone. It was by far the cheapest hotel in the area. THEN, I looked up reviews on the hotel. I was very concerned at this point as I was traveling with my grandson and was worried about the condition of the hotel rooms. When I pulled up, I was surprised at how clean the hotel property was. There was even a nice fenced courtyard in the middle of the parking lot that had picnic tables and grills for guests to use. The staff was very nice and check in was a breeze. I went to my room to find my biggest surprise. The room was very nice, clean, and obviously had all new furniture in it. The bed was very comfortable, there was a nice desk, dresser, a large flat screen TV on the wall, and a refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was also very clean. It was nothing like the pictures I viewed online. What I loved most was the remote to control the air conditioner. I loved not having to get up during the night to turn it down! I would definitely stay here again. It was the best value for my buck I have had in a long time. If you need a nice, quiet, clean, and comfortable place to stay, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Your wonderful comments are so heart warming and our sincere thanks for taking the time write such a meticulous review.

We still have a ways to go but it is reviews and comments like your that make us feel that we are doing the right thing and will eventually achieve our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.

We hope that other guest read your review and appreciate us for our sincere efforts.
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a recent trip from Colorado to Oklahoma. This hotel is not fancy, but was more than adequate for our overnight stay. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was adequate for a one night stay, especially given the price. I would recommend this hotel if you need a decent place to stay for one night while passing through.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Our sincere appreciation for taking time to post your review.

We do get many compliments and our beds and mattresses are almost always commented on.
We have regulars that come and stay a night just to enjoy our bed comfort and down home country hospitality.

We look forward to your visit next spring.
Portage la Prairie, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stopped between South dakota and Colorado Springs. Booked on line, and the owner wouldn't accept my paid confirmation price amd I had to pay more at the front desk. I even showed him my confirmed price and he just said if you don't like it go some place else. but wouldn't refund my original payment.

room wa dirty and needed to be updated

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
It is very unfortunate that this Canadian guest does not understand that in America we have TAX.
The guest insisted that he had made a reservation for a certain price and expected to pay just that.
The reservation confirmation clearly stated that that the price did not include local taxes and those will be calculated upon arrival.

The owner, who happened to be on property attempted to explain the above to the guest but all his efforts were in vain and he finally offered to cancel the reservation and let the guest find alternate accomodation.
The guest was aware that he would not find alternate accomodation matching or better than price and value he was paying and decided to stay and post this unfavorable review.
After being in the hospitality Industry for almost 40 years, we realize that our goal of 100% guest satisfaction might be unrealistic, consideration such unreasonable "family" coming to visit.
Neverthless we shall continue to forge ahead and strive to keep our motto a realistic dream.
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed here in June on our way from Colorado to Kansas City, MO. We were put in a smoking room that hadn't been refurbished in decades. It also appeared to have not been cleaned in decades. There was a spider and a leaf under the top/flat sheet on the bed. The bathroom was filthy, and the whole room seemed dirty. We were just looking for a clean place to catch a few hours of sleep on our way through. We ended up having to lay on top of our own blankets to get any sleep. The smell in the room was horrible. On a positive note, the front desk clerk was very polite!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We wish to express our sincere apology to the guest and thank the guest for at least making a favorable comment about our staff.

The Motel was under renovation and yes we did have work to do on our smoking rooms.

We would like to guest to considering staying with us in the future and we have no doubt that they will be pleasantly surprised at the change.

Most of the favorable reviews speak for them selves.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Exceptional service. If passing through and needing a place to sleep in the future, I would definitely do business again. Thanks for the great stay and being so kind even though it was so late in the evening.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Your favorable review is greatly appreciated. The hotel has surely come a long way since then and we would really like to welcome you back to see how far we have come.

In any event your comments are sinceely appreciated
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colby
Days Inn Colby
#9 of 10 in Colby
Kansas Country Inn
Kansas Country Inn
#2 of 6 in Oakley

Been to Budget Inn & Suites Colby? Share your experiences!