“Great price, clean rooms.”

Budget Inn & Suites Colby
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Colby
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I cannot recommend this place enough. The owner is a very kind man and deserves your business! The rates are very affordable and the bathrooms are nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Barry D, Manager at Budget Inn & Suites Colby, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Our sincere thanks to you.
Sometimes we get more credit that we deserve and it is guests like you that make our work a pleasure and has been instrumental in keeping us in this business for so many years.

We hope you visit us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Budget Inn & Suites Colby

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Last minute stay via hotwire when I was too tired to make it to Hayes. Management was very nice, very helpful. stayed in a smoking room, it was pretty awful. Dirty sink and tub, icky windows, dirty stained furniture and bedspread. They are trying to upgrade. and they do have secure doors with security locks and the bed and pillows were ok. but think of this as a one star maybe.

Room Tip: No longer has a swimming pool, breakfast is basic and take back to your room to eat.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

It is reviews like this that help us strive to reach our goal.
We agree that in June 2012, there was a long list of things that needed attention.

We would love to have the guest visit us again so that the guest can comment on pur progress.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have been working at Colby Community College since October of 2011. I have stayed at the Budget Inn the whole time. Over the course of several months I have stayed in a half a dozen different non smoking rooms there. I must say that I NEVER have had a bad experience. The rooms have new carpet, paint, furniture, flat screen TV's, and drapes. Every day my bed is made, floors vacuumed, and bathroom spotless. The parking lot is very well lit up at night, and I don't worry about my van. The only bugs I have seen there are the spring time moths and beatles which are common the this part of the state. Never seen a roach or a bedbug one.

If you wish to stay in a state of the art, brand new hotel, this is not the place for you. The building is older and yes the tubs are a pink color and some of the tile is green. Kinda like my grandma's house. But you will pay the price to have a white bathtub elsewhere.

Barry and his wife have always treated me very well! I will continue to stay at the Budget Inn and Suites for the rest of my stay in Colby.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Darin B

We surely appreciated your review Darrin. It is guests like you that have blessed us with your friendship and support. You have obviously become a great friend and family in the true sense of the word.

Your help, encouragement, compassion and loyalty kept us going during the trying times of 2012. We have weathered the storm and can truely state that now we are the BEST choice for an affordable, clean, comfortable place with down home country hospitailty. A Jewel in Colby, the Oasis on the Plains.

We continue to renovate and update and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

We booked this room through Hotwire, we trusted them to place us in a clean and decent room. We knew we would get in to town after 10 pm and would get up early so we decided a basic room would suit us.
When I checked in the owner was rude questioned me about who I was with and if I had pets in a very rude manner....it was just my husband and I.
When we opened the door the first thing I noticed was holes in the wall. There was water stains on wall, the bathroom door was black with filth around the handle, there were shoe markings all over the wall, cock roaches, the bathtub tiles were extremely mildewed, the tub a horrible faded grimy pink. The bed and pillows were beyond hard.
We tried to suck it up but after showering and getting to bed and laying there hoping a roach didn't crawl across me I called Hotwire. The Hotwire rep called the hotel and he agreed to refund the money if we gave him 10.00. I went to the office rang the bell handed him the key and 10.00 and began to tell the owner about my disappointment when he grabbed the money and slammed the door in my face.
I don't have to have a fancy room but regardless of the price I expect cleanliness.
I see the owner likes to come back with rebuttals but do not believe him...this hotel is beyond horrible. We went to the super 8 and got a nice room for 7.00 more. We will post a video of the room.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Sreynolds1968
Barrydes, Owner at Budget Inn & Suites Colby, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

We apologise for the way the guest feels. It is our desire to provide quality service, comfortable accomodation and amenities to completely satisfy the guest.This room is the last one of our non-smoking rooms that was left to be refurbished. The reason is that this room happpens to be one of the favorites of our regular customers and is often occupied. It is being completely renowated as we write this.
However, if the room was as bad as stated by the guest, one would have expected them to immediately ask for a refund and check out of the motel. What is surprising is that the guests used all the towels and were in the room for a fair amount of time to realize that they did not wish to stay in the room. That was the reason the night manager asked for the $10 fee. In any event we do apologise to the guests.
We are in the process of having professional photographer take photos of the renovations both inside and outsided which will be posted on line very soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

We spent one night here on our way to moving to Colorado. The room was nice. We could tell it had recently been redone/renovated. It still smelled vaguely of fresh paint when first walking in. Overall a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Our sincere appreciation for being one of the few guests who appreciated our renovation efforts during 2012.

We would love to have you visit us again and really appreciate our hospitality and service in our updated and renovated Jewel in Colby.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel and we barely had any complaints. We arrived rather late, but the service was still very friendly. We had good beds, good bathroom, we had TV and free wifi, so we had a good room. Breakfast was from 7 until 9 if I remember well, but when we got there (around 8:45) there was not that much too eat. We made a waffle, which was really good and drank some orange juice and coffee. There were some cereals available and a cookie, but that was it. But overall if you plan on staying one night, it is perfect: a good night of sleep for little money and despite the small variety we had a good breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate your candid, favorable comments.
It is nice that some guests understand and appreciate that this is a budget motel and any breakfast that includes waffles, cereal, coffee, juice and cookies is more than what can be expected.

Many franchise facilites do not provide any breakfast. We certainly understand and wish to be a known as the best value for a budget motel in Colby, KS

Reviewed January 18, 2012

If I could give this place a 0 I definitely would. I have never had a hotel experience this terrible in my life. Upon arrival I could tell the hotel was in pretty bad shape. I looked on the web and the hotel only offered non-smoking rooms, so I assumed that it was a non-smoking hotel. Upon opening the door to our rooms, there was a smell of smoke and potpourri. There were water damage on the walls, cigarette burns on the sheets and blankets, unfinished molding and painting, etc. We had several people who don't do well with smoke in our party and with the condition of the rooms, I went to discuss canceling our stay with the manager. He was not very cooperative and when Cheap Tickets called him to confirm cancellation, he made very derogatory remarks to the Cheap Tickets customer service guy on the phone. He was not very apathetic at all to the situation and his response to us was "well, you get what you pay for". I don't feel that a manager/owner of any establishment should ever use that as an excuse. I have paid that price many times through cheap tickets and hotwire and was never disappointed. I would highly recommend not staying at this place. I also uploaded the pictures seen to show what we encountered when we got there. On a side note, Sleep Inn and Suites and Days Inn were both great places to stay in Colby.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank XBarron23X
Barrydes, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites Colby, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Please note that the Night Clerk in question is no longer employed here. Also all the non smoking rooms have been completely refurbished with new furniture, new bedding, new drapes, new heat pumps ( air-condition / heater combo), new molding, fresh paint, new 32" flat screen TVs,. We offer a complimentary hot breakfast with waffles, cereal, juice and coffee.
We assure you that rooms are comparable to any franchise property with rates that are very affordable.
The family owned Motel thrives on customer satisfaction, a genuine "home away from home" atmosphere at best affordable rates in Colby.
It is unfortunate that the guest had a bad experience and we would certainly welcome the guest to visit us again with a complimentary nights stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colby
Days Inn Colby
American Inn Colby
American Inn Colby
#9 of 10 in Colby
Sleep Inn & Suites Oakley

Been to Budget Inn & Suites Colby? Share your experiences!