“Pretty Good”

Best Western Bricktown Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Coffeyville
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We liked this hotel. A big room and very clean, including the bathroom. The room had a nice flat screen TV, a microwave and a refrigerator. The king bed was comfortable. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The breakfast was one of the better ones we have found included with the room. We had a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had a training class and needed a hotel to stay in. So picked a basic hotel - Best Western in Coffeyville, KS. There are not a lot of options and no major hotel chains....no problem, I travel a lot. I walked in with no reservation and was met with incredibly rude hotel staff and barely a grunt or a hello and no chit chat, but...the room was clean, comfortable and they had great pillows.

This was a 2 story hotel with no operable ice machine on the 2nd floor. The morning breakfast was alright with again...a very unfriendly person taking care of the breakfast area. I had a small cheese omelet and some oatmeal. The breakfast consisted of hot and cold food, it was from 6-9AM.

For a 2 night stay with a triple AAA discount, it was $81 per night. There was not a restaurant or room service available for this hotel but there were restaurants across the street.

Not to be too picky...but the front door were not automatic so it was a pain to shlep your luggage through a manual door that you had to open with your hands full.

Room Tip: Choose the 2nd floor, my friends stayed on the first and you could hear the TV very easily through t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Gretchen R, General Manager at Best Western Bricktown Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2017

I apologize that this response was not addressed back when but I knew it wasn't a current review when I first started reading it and then when I read the part of cheese omelet I knew that was back a few years. Hopefully if you ever come back to the area for another class Karla you will give us another try. Thanks again for you review and sorry it took over four years to get a reply.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The hotel is in a great location right by the highway. It was very clean with equally good property maintenance. The beds, pillows and towels were wonderful. I had a great night's sleep. They offered free coffee, tea, and juices all day long and bottled water and coffee in the rooms. The night front staff (man) was friendly and accomodating. I thought the hotel was great until morning. The breakfast wasn't great. They had eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, bagels, pastries, biscuits and cereal. Although they offered many items, I did not find the hot items worth eating. Low grade eggs and sausage. Think old hospital food. The biscuits were good, but were iced cold so I asked for them to be heated.The woman working the breakfast area was sitting at one of the tables watching TV instead of keeping things stocked. As for the morning front desk, I walked by a few times and was not acknowledged by either woman. As I dropped off my key the woman standing there would not look up from her computer to say thank you. Customer service was really lacking on the day shift.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MidwestYankee21
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Bricktown is a great place to stay when going through Coffeyville! The rooms are very nice and clean, the breakfast is good, and the staff is excellent. All the staff has always been helpful and willing to make my stay very pleasant. Bricktown is close to several types of eating places as well as a Wal-Mart. A staff member recommended a restaurant on the square, which we were not disappointed.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room at the back of hotel - away from the street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beverly M
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Spacious rooms, nice pool, great staff. If you come through Coffeyville its a gotta stay kinda of place. Great location too. The county fair is a block from Hotel!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Jimsdaman
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The BEST WESTERN Bricktown Lodge in Coffeyville brings the quality of Best Western into an up-to-date and friendly place. It's great for an overnight or multi-night stay in Southeast Kansas.
We found the staff to be especially friendly and helpful. For us it was a return to Coffeyville after living in the area more than 30 years ago. The staff was able to share the updates and the traditions that remain. Their knowledge of the community helped us rekindle good memories from another time. They made this homecoming a special event even though we only had a couple of days. The hotel is excellent and clean but its people give it the special feel and charm of home.

Room Tip: Especially quiet considering its proximity to US 166/169. No trouble sleeping here!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gary P
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Because of my Mother's illness we have stayed on an emergency basis 2 different times at this hotel. Visit #1. When they found out we would leave before breakfast because of her early morning surgery they made sure it was ready early enough for us to eat!! Visit # 2. ALL hotels were booked! Midweek Oct. in Coffeyville, Kansas? I tried to get a room but no luck. They took my card. I slept for 2 nights on the hospital floor ICU waiting room. They called me when they had an opening. I had left my card all over town but no one else cared. Breakfast is always good. They always go above and beyond and we are always there when we are so stressed because of Mom being so sick. NEVER any added stress from them. WE LOVE THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coffeyville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Coffeyville
#5 of 7 in Independence
Rest-Full Inn
Rest-Full Inn
#4 of 4 in Coffeyville

Been to Best Western Bricktown Lodge? Share your experiences!