My husband and I spent the first leg of our Bali trip in Villa L'Orange. The overall experience was amazing. There are a total of 4 villas and since we travelled at a low season, we were the only guests. We stayed at the superior one bedroom villa. There were two other villas occupied by the owner's relatives. Throughout the stay we pretty much had the dining area and swimming pool to ourselves. From the moment we were greeted at the airport to the moment we checked out, we were treated as "friends". The staff were friendly and had a smile on them all the time. We were stuffed with food every morning as the chef always prepared more than what we had asked for (thank God my husband can eat!). We hired the villa driver for all the excursions and he was very informative. Since we wanted to try what locals eat, he also took us to a restaurant with fresh fish and we were the only foreigners! What an experience eating with your hand as well!
Some of the things I noticed that's worth mentioning,
1. Villa L'Orange is located at a fish village that is away from the tourist areas (Ubud being the closest is still another 20 mins drive). If you prefer to stay at the tourist areas, this villa is not for you. Since we wanted to stay away, this is a perfect location.
2. First night I was woken up by this strange insect sound (in my opinion quite loud) that I've never heard of. It started around 5 am and each time lasted for about 30 seconds. After asking the staff the next morning, they told me it was probably a gecko. Apparently gecko can get quite big in Bali.
3. The bathroom is not air conditioned. It can get quite hot and humid in an enclosed space. My recommendation would be leaving the bathroom door opened when it's not in use. The cold air from the bedroom balances the hot air in the bathroom- problem solved!
We really enjoyed our stay at Villa L'Orange and would definitely recommend it to our friends should they choose to visit Bali!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Orange Bali, a beachfront villa complex, has 2 two bedroom and two one bedroom villas, all with ensuite (open air, private) bathroom.In each villa, there is a spacious air-conditioned livingroom provided with dining and sitting arrangements. A kichenette with refrigirator, mini bar and microwave is also provided. All facilities you need for a luxurious vacation ( restaurant, bar, swimmingpool, private beach, high speed WiFi internet, cable TV, DVD player)are available ... more less