“rex W”

Knights Inn Chanute
Knights Inn Chanute
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chanute
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Knights Inn in Chanute, formerly known as the Safari Inn, is more than a good value. The rooms are clean and smell fresh. I spend way too many nights on the road, and I will travel out of my way to spend the night at this Knights Inn. The staff is always pleasant and very helpful, and always willing to make suggestions on dining or other areas of advice.
But value is also part of the package. Moderately priced is a nice thing. The beds are nice and firm, but not hard. The bathrooms are nice, and the shower water is always hot. Some of the rooms have microwaves and small refrigerators, and like the af.orementioned likewise clean
One of the main reasons you will enjoy staying here is you can drive up to the door of your room. It sure does make it easy to bring your suitcase and other items into your room. No stairs or halls, just quick entry to your room.
Like most motels today, there is a continental breakfast available. It varies from waffles to toast with choices of cereal. It is enough to get you headed in right direction in the morning. Coffee, juice, and milk are also available.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Rex W
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Chanute

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We came up from Louisiana to visit family found this Inn and stayed for four days. Very quiet and clean. The manager was very helpful and curtious.The rooms were clean, bathrooms were clean if we needed something they were very helpful.Would stay again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I travel all over Eastern Kansas with my job and have stayed in many motels in my time,while this motel may be up there in age, it is an excellant motel. The rooms are always very clean and fresh smelling. The beds are very comfortable and the showers are very good also with plenty of water pressure which I like. Andy and his family are very friendly and helpful. He will put on a pot of coffee when I show up! The internet service is the best. The breakfast is the same as many higher priced motels and some of those don't even offer it.I have been staying in this motel once a month for the past 20-some years and will continue. Andy has upgraded this motel in the last seven years he has been here. And the atmosphere is much friendlier. I would and have recommended this motel to others.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This motel is very nice and excellent The staff is very helpful and friendly, very good price in compare of rooms The internet was superb! Guest laundry on site . Very good breakfast i mean good enough for breakfast ,wake up call service and easy for truck parking........ in short overall good..i like to stay again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel was probably the worst hotel my family and I have ever stayed in. We found spiders in our bed and dead crickets on the floor. The room also smelled of sewage and urine. We asked for a refund for the second night we had planned to stay there, and the manager said "You don't respect me, we won't give you money back..." He continued to argue with us over what he considered to be respect. What ever happened to the customer is always right? The breakfast was very dinky...only some cereal and a few bagels. The place is in need of a SERIOUS upgrade: furniture and management as well. The beds were also quite hard and I found it hard to sleep on them. I would NEVER recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank operaandrock
andy g, Owner at Knights Inn Chanute, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

We have never had any complaints from other customers about spiders or crickets. We pride ourselves on clean rooms and great service. If any customer has a concern we always ask they bring it to our attention immediately so we can fix the problem.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

This motel is indeed not the most updated in decor or ammenities. I have stayed here many weeks over the past five years. The staff is friendly and helpful, always demonstrating the will to satisfy my requests. The price, especially with the three day plus rate, is low -- not sure one should expect the ambiance of a newly minted $100/night plus chain for this rate. I have found wireless internet to always be available and not a challenge to connect to. The rooms are quiet, the water supply dependable, always functioning and easily controlled AC and heat make the room comfortable, and the maid service is always adequate. The breakfast isn't superb, but then coffee is all I require for breakfast to pass my muster. The lodging options in Chanute are limited. The only other chain accomodation in Chanute does not allow pets. The downtown hotel has strange, unpredictable, and expensive pet policies, and the service we've experienced there is very hit or miss. We travel with a small dog, and KI has always welcomed our pet. The convenience of room door parking makes unpacking the car very easy. So, I find the Knights Inn to be the most dependable of choices...rather like an old shoe, comfortable to slip into -- maybe not the designer shoe for a party, but pleasant enough for a few days stay at quite reasonable rates. I'm rating it four stars -- why so high? Because of value provided for price charged.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center. Rated high because it seemed unfair to rate something that doesn't e...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sjolund
Reviewed August 8, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at this motel. Not bad the first time but horrible experience this last time. This motel is in dire need of an overhaul, Beds are hard as a rock, furniture is old and worn, bathroom is dated and internet is almost impossible to hook up to. This motel has just changed over to Knights Inn and corporate should look at this motel very close to be upgraded. Wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank engigineer

Our Internet is exactly the same as all motels, always checked to make sure it is working. The furniture is in great shape and our beds are in great condition. If a customer has a concern please inform us when a problem arises so we can make accommodation to make your stay the best it can be.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chanute
Nest Extended Stay Hotel - Chanute
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Parsons
Best Western Parsons Inn

Been to Knights Inn Chanute? Share your experiences!