Royal Oak Tipton
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Tipton
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Now for a budget hotel you might not expect much for your money in the UK and this place is no exception you definitely don't get much for your money.

I will start off positive. the Staff are really friendly, and definitely want to make you feel at home.and although the single bed was a bit loose and creaky it was very comfortable and the sheets clean (the only things that were)

But

Although I booked through Lastminute.com and paid online the landlady insisted she had no record of my payment so I had to start by loading up my emails to show her the payment confirmation from Lastminute, she accepted this but still eyed my up dubiously.

The place is very run down, the land lady was very quick to point out that is is going through refurbishment, but I would suggest starting with the accommodation.
my Single room was an on suite box with 1 power socket no bedside light just a ceiling pull switch for the main light that hits you in the face when you sit up in bed.

The bedroom window opens out above the back door where all the smokers from the bar congregate and therefore fills the room with cigarette smoke.

The en-suite, just don't go in there !!! its mouldy, dated, the taps don't work properly, they don't supply toilet paper and it smells of stale urine.

I have a habit of staying in budget hotels and generally I am happy with what I get , I don't like paying exorbitant prices for hotel rooms when I stay in hotels for business, but I do expect rooms to be functional, clean and comfortable, this was definitely not. for all us business travellers this is our home, albeit only for a few nights. I was booked in for 3 nights I only stayed 1 as I couldn't face the other two.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Andrew A
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Have visited this pub many times for lunch and evening meals and I must say the food has always been very good with a choice of lighter bite meals.The staff are always friendly and the service is quick its well worth a visit

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends