“Great Local Cafe”

Add it.
Red Barn Cafe
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Caldwell
Reviewed January 18, 2010

The food is well prepared and served quickly in large portions. Eight of us arrived at closing time last Saturday night, but they graciously agreed to stay open and serve us as there are not many restaurants in Caldwell. We were pleased with the food as well as the superb customer service. I am from Chicago and had never heard of Calf Fries (AKA Rocky Mountain Oysters or Prairie Oysters), so I ordered a basket for the table. They were very tasty and well done. I gave the waitress and some of my table a good laugh when I asked: What are California Fries?" Next I ordered Bier rock, since I had never had that either. All in all a successful food adventure for me. Others at the table ordered biscuits & gravy (the biscuits were not the best, but everyone who tried some agreed that the gravy was some of the best we have ever eaten), The Red Cafe Sandwich (TX toast, chicken Fried streak, ham & turkey) very enjoyable and chicken-fried steak with real mashed potatoes and a choice of white or brown gravy. Every one enjoyed the chicken fried steak, real mashed potatoes and gravy.