“Another Worcestershire 'gastro' gem.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Masons Arms

The Masons Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Wichenford
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“Another Worcestershire 'gastro' gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We last visited here some time ago when it was 'Thai themed' but were tempted to revisit by the change of ownership and recent glowing reviews. Glad we did as the changes are significantly for the better.

The pleasant staff made us feel extremely welcome and the food was exemplary. I can honestly say that the fish and chips were probably the best I have ever eaten anywhere which trust me is praise indeed! If you like seafood then the calamari starter is equally as delicious and must not be missed.

The pub is bright, clean with comfortable areas in which to sit and enjoy one or more of the great guest beers on tap and of course the fabulous food.

Although we sat and ate in the bar there is also a restaurant area and limited outdoor seating.

Overall a truly excellent meal and service, so much so we are guaranteed to return very soon.

West Midlands
“Great food, excellent value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This area is a half way point for my friend and I, and after seeing good reviews on T.A decided to meet there for lunch.
It's in a very scenic location, the pub/restaurant itself is very pleasing on the eye. We had a warm welcome by Tom, the young man taking orders, serving drinks etc. [being a lunchtime it was a little quiet, but still 4 groups there]. Tom was very easy going but very attentive without being intrusive. There was a tapas menu, a lunch [2/3 course menu] and the main menu which we ordered off , although all of them looked good. We shared the Camembert with chutney [delicious and plentiful at just £6.50 or thereabouts], my friend had the baked haddock, with fries, and pureed peas. I tasted it and it was delicious, very light. She loved it and the haddock was HUGE! I ordered the pork belly with garlic mash and red cabbage, and the most delicious sauce. It was a big portion, absolutely delicious and so reasonable at £10.50 or thereabouts. No room for sweet I'm afraid. A really lovely place with great food at amazing value.

Bamford, United Kingdom
“Lovely place, lovely food, Good pint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you are thinking of visiting - DO. You wont regret it. I had a meal and a couple of pints. Good value, great quality produce, the service was faultless and friendly. Good selection of ales. Next time I am in the area I will be visiting again.

Visited July 2013
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“lovely food, great staff, overall excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My couple and I decided to go to The Masons Arms as we were staying around the area. Food did not dissapoint. I had the sausages and garlic mash which was filling and gorgeous. Sausages were very big. My wife opted for the chicken snitzel which again, was very pleasant. The staff were very attentive, without being over the top and even stopped to chat to us. The lay out of the pub is good also, with a big restaraunt area and bar area - in which we were asked where we would like to sit. We would definitely recommend and if we are in the area again, we WILL be planning a visit. Many Thanks

“Third Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Third visit. This time with 6 adults and 6 small boys for Sunday lunch with all that goes with that.

Service was lovely and patient, food was great and the boys ate, ncluding calamari ordered with dessert.

Tremendous value too.