“Not as bad as previewed”
Review of Country Haven Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Country Haven Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burlington
Saint Michael, Minnesota
“Not as bad as previewed”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at this lovely hotel for 2 nights to attend a nephew's wedding. The hotel was very clean, the room was HUGE, the bathtub and shower worked very well, there was a coffee maker, a microwave, a fridge, wifi, the staff was very helpful, the bed was comfortable, the air conditioner worked very good. I did not have any of the issues that have been described in other posts. I would definitely stay here again, as would the rest of the guests that came from Minnesota for the wedding.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you got bad legs, get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Frank T
carol k, Manager at Country Haven Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that your stay was a happy one.
If there is anything we can do for you and your family with future reservations
please let us know. Again Thank You,We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Burlington, Kanas
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Don't recommend this hotel to anyone. The manager Carol is very rude, disrespectful, and treats the guest as if they are a pain to her. She lies about things, runs down other guests, lies about the other motel in town which is the Wolf Creek Lodge. She is unwilling to work with her guests and the owners can't seem to understand that they would have more business if they would get rid of Carol as the manager. She treats her staff just like she treats the guest. She tells lies and talks about other guest that are staying at the hotel to guests as they are checking out. Very unprofessional manager, wake up owners before it is too late to save your business. Stay at the Wolf Creek Lodge you will be treated much better. You will be treated like a guest!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FormerBtownresident
carol k, General Manager at Country Haven Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I am sorry that you feel this way. We went above and beyond for your guests.
We put refreshments and water in your guests rooms,and even served them
a breakfast.
I am never rude to my staff or to the guests. I have a great staff, and they do
an excellent job. I do not talk bad about the other hotel in town, since i have
never stayed there or visited them.
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I made a reservation to stay there about a few weeks ago, the Manager Carol. Was VERY rude and disrespectful. Sure the rooms were clean enough, but the rates were awful. They not only offer you no discount even worth having, but anytime I went downstairs to the front desk to ask Carol for anything, she appeared annoyed and made me feel as though I was a bother rather than a welcome guest. Then when I attempted to make a future reservation, (I was told Wolf Creek Lodge had bed bugs by Carol and was afraid to see if she was correct), She bluntly told me that for the date in which I wanted (a one night stay again) She had absolutely no single rooms available and that I would HAVE to have a double. And yet, when I called later to see about any single cancellations, the wonderful girl at the front desk informed me that there were PLENTY of singles open, and that she would be more than happy to reserve me one! I will not, ever again stay in this hotel, The Manager obviously is more interested in cheating people out of every quick buck she can get rather than the happiness of their clients. I will say this, I will be back in Burlington in June for a Wedding, and I now know FOR A FACT that Wolf Creek Lodge is one of the NICEST, NEATEST, and CLEANEST places I've had the pleasure of staying at, they really make you feel as though your at home but better. Not to mention BUG FREE! I will be staying at the Wolf Creek Lodge, where the person behind the front desk is nicer, the rooms are 20-30 dollars CHEAPER, and where I will be treated as a guest, not a bother. Whomever the owner is of the Country Haven Inn is making a big mistake having that horrid woman as the manager, as I've read from here I am not the only person whom shes been rude to, and if they are smart, they'd get rid of her. I mean, Who wants to stay somewhere they don't feel welcome?

Room Tip: No swimming pool, No continental breakfast, Outrageous Rates
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank FrequentFlyer60747
carol k, Manager at Country Haven Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
I am sorry that your stay was not to your satisfaction. I am not sure who you are,
but i always greet customers with a smile. I always try to accomodate guests with what ever needs they may have, it is never a bother, its my pleasure.
We do offer discounts to our guests, as they apply to that specific reservation.
I have never made a comment to a guest about another company. if asked about the other local hotels in are area, i respond that i personally have never been in them so i can't say.
I do hope you will call us again and give me a chance to make your stay an enjoyable one.
again, i am sorry that your stay was not enjoyable. I would like a chance to make you happy.
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I stayed here one other time about a year ago. At that time the price was $70/night which included my government discount. I booked here again for a Saturday night and the day after I made the reservation the manager called me back and quoted me $90/night for four adults. I found this odd especially after I had already been quoted a different price the day before. When I called her to verify her message I asked about a military discount and she stated they do not offer military discounts.....seems a bit Un-American to me. I then cancelled my reservation and explained that I would be staying around the corner at the Wolf Creek Lodge for $30 cheaper per night. She then told me they had bugs thats why it was cheaper. I ended up staying at the Wolf Creek Logde and it was nice. The rooms were big and it was very clean. The country haven inn wasn't any nicer and for the money I would gladly stay at the Wolf Creek Logde anyday over the Country Haven Inn. I'm sorry to say to the manager of the Country Haven Inn, its not a 5 star hotel your running so get realistic with your prices quit lying about your only other competition in town.....Tacky!

Room Tip: Stay at the Wolf Creek Logde instead!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Anna H
carol k, Manager at Country Haven Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2016
you had booked the apt which is more than a regular room, with 2 extra adults.
that is why it was more.
Wichita, KS
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Clean, quiet (of course, there were only three rooms occupied on a Saturday night) and friendly, cheerful desk staff. Bed was reasonably confortable, linens were not bad, but they go "cheap" on some basics: no in-room coffee (a MAJOR sin) and you have to wait for the desk person to arrive at 6 AM to make coffee (the desk is closed 10PM to 6AM), no HBO, etc. but that's no huge deal, no laundry bags for dirty clothes, they haven't figured out to install curved shower curtain bars so the cold, clammy curtain doesn't cling to you and not even a cheap continental breakfast (at least on Sunday). No pool or hot tub but you get free admission to the local rec center (which is very nice) during the hours it's open (for instance, 1-5 on Sunday.)

Overall not a bad place at all but a few relatively inexpensive upgrades would be nice. The price is reasonable but not THAT cheap.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelerfromWichita
carol k, Manager at Country Haven Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments, They are greatly appreciated.
We have installed curved shower rods and we have placed in-room coffee pots for your conveinence.
Omaha, NE
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Stayed one night. Room was very clean and nice. Wifi automatic and strong signal. Front desk staff very nice. Only problem was that I couldn't figure out how to turn the shower on! I finally called the front desk to ask and the young lady was very apologetic, but told me that she didn't know how, but knew others had had trouble with them as well! I went back and tried some more, but was never able to figure it out, so had to go without a shower :-(

I'd definitely stay here again, but would ask someone to show me how to operate the shower! It's probably one of those "Doh!" things and once you know it's obvious, but apparently I need to be shown.

Oh, also there is no breakfast of any sort here. They do have arrangements with a fitness center about four blocks away for their guests to use. It has a pool, gym, etc.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank bobnsally
I am sorry you had a problem with the shower, we have a sign on the wall of the shower in the corner that shows how to turn them on
Kansas
Reviewed September 22, 2009

This hotel has overpriced rooms and rude managment. Charging 70 dollars a night when you can stay at the candlewood for 69 a night and its much, much nicer here and smells good! Only 30 miles away, well worth the drive! Country Haven Inn hotel dont even have plastic forks to offer you if you forgot to bring one, no adminitys at all and for that price I expect at least a little something? Atleast a smile?

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Travellerallover

Been to Country Haven Inn? Share your experiences!