“Pet friendly”

Holiday Inn Express Bonner Springs
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bonner Springs
“Pet friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with our two small dogs. The hotel charges a $20 fee for pets which is less than most around this area. The bed was comfortable and we did get a non smoking room. The elevator didn't smell very well. Breakfast was great and the staff did a great job keeping everything stocked. Don't eat at the KFC nearby, terrible food.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Paige K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bonner Springs, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Mjloewen,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback all of us here at Holiday Inn Express Bonner Springs KS are pet lovers, cannot wait for you to come back and visit us.

Brooke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Jacksonville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is clean and neat, with a great location. The room that we stayed in had a King sized bed and was very comfortable. The breakfast was great. They had a little of everything from boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, pancakes, and sausage. We were impressed by the quality of this hotel for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Aimee M,

Thank you for the wonderful compliments. We take strong pride in our hotel and it is because of wonderful customers like you that we value the meaning of customer service. Thank you for coming to the Holiday Inn Express of Bonner Springs KS and cannot wait to see you again.

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Let me preface this by saying I rarely feel compelled to review places because I'm easily satisfied and if there's running water and a decent bed, I'm good. Sometimes when I read reviews I think people nit pick as a hobby. Anyway, this place isn't terrible and I am sure if I got what I booked I wouldn't even be here reviewing. I booked our NON-SMOKING king bed room well in advance of our stay and somehow we were placed in a smoking room. I mentioned it at check in and was essentially told 'Sorry, we're booked this weekend and that's what is available." I chose this hotel for its close proximity to the Ren Fest.

Again, I'm not too picky but I am a non-smoker and the entire wing made me sneeze, not to mention the room smelled like smoke. Doesn't necessarily make for a super comfortable stay.

The place isn't bad and everyone seemed pleasant but if I book a non-smoking room I should get a non-smoking room. We ended up leaving a day early.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bonner Springs, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear mindystl,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. Please accept our sincerest apology for the experience you had with your room accommodations. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and a friend of ours split a two queen room here after traveling up for the KC Renaissance Festival. The location is perfect, you are literally less then a mile from the KC Ren Fest and Cricket Wireless Amphitheater.

The lobby of the hotel is very impressive, when you first walk in you're thinking this is a 3 or 4 star hotel, not a 2.5 star hotel, once you get to your room you realize that this is indeed a 2.5 star hotel. Don't get me wrong, the rooms are nice for a 2.5 star hotel but they have several little flaws, none of which affected us, but flaws that would probably stop the hotel from getting a 3rd star.

Both beds were comfortable and there was a 32" LCD TV in the room with several HD channels and HBO included. The room had the typical window AC unit but if functioned fine and was fairly quiet.

The only let down, as many others have mentioned, was the breakfast which I considered sub-par for this style of hotel. The first morning the pancake machine was broken and the biscuits were rock hard, the 2nd morning there was no biscuits and gravy offered at all, only french toast sticks. I consider breakfast more of a perk then a requirement though so I didn't knock them off on my rating for this.

Next time we need a hotel for Ren Fest we won't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Flying_is_evil
Dear Flying_Is_evil,
Thank you for your compliments and also your concerns. We hope you come by again when you go to Ren Fest because we would like to make it up to you. Our pancake machine is fixed and also we are about to do a total renovation on the hotel.

Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hotel is in dire need of renovation! Booked in advance on their website to secure rate. Upon arrival, my base rate was increased over the rate I booked. Staff was unpleasant and disgusting, the lady behind the front desk kept "adjusting" herself during our conversation, with her hand up her shirt. Breakfast was a let down, as it was not regularly attended to and stocked. No attendant to clean tables or breakfast bar. I was able to eventually get them to adjust my rate to where I booked but only after great hassle and providing receipt proof.

Overall, was a big let down!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CybillZ
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bonner Springs, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear CybillZ,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior are and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. the feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future and provide you with the service you deserve and expect from us.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Bonner Springs hotels

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed one night at this property. I don't think we could've made it a second night. The room had a terrible odor; smelled musty. We were on the ground floor, interstate side, even though I had specifically requested to be on the opposite side when I made the reservation well over 6 wks in advance. Why ask guests what they would like if you won't accomodate their requests? The hotel was not full when we arrived, either. The kids were so excited to check out the pool, which we had to ourselves for about 45 minutes until a huge spider decided to join us! Gross! The drain cover in the hot tub was loose to the point it was floating around. No telling how far down the hole was the cover was supposed to hide. There was cracked tile on the bathroom floor. The carpet was disgustingly filthy in our room. My daughter played on the floor after her bath and I had to rebathe her because her feet, hands and legs were black! That was disgusting to see on my child. After I spent over $5 in the vending machine for water, I found out that they had complimentary water behind the desk. Staff was not courteous at best nor were they very knowledgable about the hotel or area. The analog channels were out our entire visit but we wouldn't have known that if we hadn't been at the front desk when the repairman was there. I used to love staying at Holiday Inn, but this time we definitely paid for the name because the experience did not live up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paige K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bonner Springs, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review you stay at our Holiday Inn Express Bonner Springs, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I would also like you to know that the hotel is under new management and we are currently work to correct all the issues And, plan to do a full renovation starting this September.

I hope you can give us another chance in the near future to provide you with great service and a great product that is worth your money.
Union, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I travel a lot and stay at many hotels. We were very displeased with the front desk staff.
We arrived early afternoon. Most generally a hotel will let you check in early if the room is available but they would not budge. After waiting in the 90+ degree kitchen area for 1-1/2 hours,
at 3:15 they still would not let us into a room. Management had not ok'd it! When we were allowed into our room on the first floor(the first room from the lobby), I had not seen housekeeping in this room the entire time I was sitting in the lobby. Needless to say, the group that I came with was not happy with this hotel. We had a group of approx. 90 people staying
in hotels around the Bonner Springs area for our annual family reunion. The next evening a group
wanted to meet for a geneology meeting in the kitchen/lobby area. It still remained extremely hot
in this area. Attached to this area is a meeting room. We asked if we could go in there so we
would make too much noise and space with our books. We were told there was too much confidential information for us to be allowed in there. The door was open, all that was in there was work to right posters and a box of bannanas on a banquet table. Everyone in the group,
even the ones staying at other hotels in the area couldn't believe the customer service here.
I've stayed at hotels all across the US and International and have never had this experience
before! This was my first experience staying at a Holiday Inn Express. I don't know if others
are managed the same way or not. I will not stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Paige K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bonner Springs, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our Bonner Springs hotel, we at the Holiday Inn Express Bonner Springs strive to provide every customer with great service and making sure that they have an excellent experience at our hotel. I apologies that we were unable to provide you and your family with what you needed to meet you needs. please contact me at the hotel so we can discuss you issue further.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonner Springs
Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa
#9 of 21 in Kansas City
BEST WESTERN PREMIER KC Speedway Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bonner Springs? Share your experiences!