“Amazing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in NamibRand Nature Reserve
Wolwedans Dune Camp
Köln
“Amazing”
Reviewed June 25, 2008

Wolwedans fulfilled all my expectations. It was the higlight of our Namibia tour in 2004. Unfortunately we spent only 2 nights there, had we known before how exceptional the place is, we would have stayed longer, even though it's not exactly cheap. Friends who had been there before told us to stay at the camp to get the "real desert feeling". It was a good advice.
After we were shown to our tent (very nice on a wooden terrace overlooking the desert) we were introduced to the friendly staff and had a delicious diner. There I was told to leave the tent open during the night so I could watch the wonderful night sky. Even though I was a little nervous about reptiles and insects I followed the advice and so I fell asleep while watching the stars above me. I think I never slept so well! When I got up the next morning there was a tray with hot water for tea and coffee waiting for me and so I sat outside and watched the sunrise. The day we spent with our guide (I'm sorry I forgot his name) who told us everything we wanted to know and took us to the most beautiful spots in the area. Especially the place where we had our sundowner with its spectacular view I will never forget.
As I already mentioned the place is pretty expensive but since you have no extra costs and everything is included I found that it is worth it.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed October 2004, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank alida01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed October 21, 2007

First and foremost, thank you Wiseman, Vinte and Paulo. You made our Dune Camp stay, one of the most amazing trips of our life.

The Camp:

Not a luxury facility, but for sure a luxury and exclusive experience. The Dune Camp, it's a remote camp, that gives you the exquisite opportunity of sleeping in tents on the middle of the NamibRand reserve, 500km away from Windhoek, yet, feeling at home.

Great for those who love nature, seek isolation ( no mobile phones on the camp) and really need to rest.

Did you enjoyed the Chedi Muscat food? Wait until you sit on the open dinner deck of the Dune Camp, having the four course dinner. Probably th best I had on my travelling life. The food is prepared under supervision of the German Chef Mark.

The service excellent. You will feel, as they locally say, that you suddenly found a new family.

The Landscape:

Probably on my top 3 along with Bora Bora (Otematu) and Cambodia (Angkor Wat). Check some of the photos and you will see why!

Don't forget to take a hot ballon ride! One of the 100 things you should do before you die.

I'm not sure how someone can call it overpriced!!!!

• Stayed October 2007
2 Thank TheBeachBoy
Reviewed June 26, 2007

Accommodation was wonderful, great open sided tents with bathroom and outside decks. Food and service was average which was a let down considering the price ( £400.00 per couple per night) . Found it difficult to find somebody to serve drinks at the bar area and felt as if everyone was expected not to stay up later than 9.30pm.
The setting at Wolvedans is great, but it didn't seem to be very professionally managed which was a shame. Next time we will choose somewhere less "exclusive".

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank broug
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed March 21, 2007

Wolwedans Dune Camp fwas an amzing experience. we flew in for 3 nites and here´s where i proposed to my now wife (so yes- she accepted) Compared to other namibian resorts it was not so expensive but very nice. i guess the view from the bathroom is probably the best i have and will ever see. Luxury camping in double tents on their private wooden terrace with your own bathroom 20 m away. When you come to bed after your dinner (with the other guests at one table) the bed is warmed , and when you wake up they have put a can of tea in front of your bed. the guide who takes you for the tour explains nature in a nice personal way.. The staff is great anyway, and helpful witrh whatever you need ( ioncluding plastic roses if u intend to propose or so...)
go there - and of the three options take the camp, not the lodge or private lodge for the full experience

• Liked — nature, staff, views, tours,...
  • Disliked — the fact that the beds are seperated. b
  • Stayed March 2005, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mini2006
Baden-Baden, Germany
Reviewed January 31, 2005

We stayed at Wolwedans Dune Camp for two nights in October 2004. It's quite expensive but a perfect place if you want to have an absolute highlight on your journey through namibia. The double tents give a real new definition of "camping" with fine linen in the comfortable beds and their private wooden terrace. Best is the early morning tea, sitting in bed and looking at the sunrise over the Namib desert. The staff makes you feel like home. The location is outstanding but the most remarkable is the warm and friendly atmosphere in the camp.

7 Thank Marion D
#3 of 8 in Sesriem
Soft Adventure Camp
Soft Adventure Camp
#11 of 12 in Sossusvlei

Been to Wolwedans Dune Camp? Share your experiences!