“My New Happy Place”
Make Inquiry
Excellent
On the beach
The pool
Main sitting room at dusk
Three Dolphins in the Evening
The Bamboo Bed
Friends visiting and swimming on Three Dolphins beach with their dog
Looking up from the Beach
outsidewalkup
outside mainbed
aerialview3D
floorplan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Bellingham, Washington
“My New Happy Place”
Reviewed February 23, 2017 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

I have been to Europe, Asia, India, Mexico, Bermuda, and Hawaii. I have stayed in some very beautiful homes, but none so stunning as Three Dolphins Villa. For my fiftieth birthday I brought my family of five here. I work very hard as a nurse and wanted to stay in a home with lots of places to feel the sun and the breeze, enjoy the view, and just be quiet and content. In online photos I was drawn to the deep verandah and the swing bed overlooking the pool and private sandy beach.

When we arrived all the teak doors were open wide. We looked straight through from the front door and gasped at the perfection of this beachfront villa. A soft Caribbean breeze tossed the palm trees and caressed our skin. The sun glistened on the surface of the sea, the pool, and the pale tile of the patio. Our two Anguillian housekeepers welcomed us and smiled as we explored the house and grounds and chose our rooms. The house is very romantic and tropical, with off-white walls, ceiling fans, those teak doors, wicker and driftwood furniture, billowing white curtains, lots of artistic touches, and plenty of comfortable places to sit.

Today we depart for home. I’m sitting at a table on the verandah drinking my coffee. The breeze is still soft and warm, the sun still glistening on the water. I had plenty of time right here at the villa, lounging with an excellent book on the swing bed, in the pool swimming with my kids, on the private beach with my husband, and snorkeling around the reefs just off the beach. But we also explored Anguilla. We ate delicious local food and drank rum punch on white sand beaches with the surf rolling in at sunset. We explored shipwrecks and a floating trampoline at Sandy Ground with a local friend. We had a sailing adventure aboard a traditional Caribbean sloop, we swam with dolphins, and we spent an afternoon on tiny Sandy Island. We’re going home with some amazing memories, but none more precious than the villa itself. It’s my new happy place.

Your age range 50-64
atomota
Bellingham, Washington
“Nice, but more badness than I expected considering the price”
Reviewed February 16, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

My wife and I and our three kids ages 11 to 16 stayed here for about a week. The pool was really nice and got a lot of use even though one of the floatie chairs was broken. And there was nice snorkeling with as much fish as I saw anywhere right outside -- fortunately we brought our own gear because all the masks a the house were broken.

But we knew the good stuff, and so do you. Here's what disappointed us at what was for us quite a splurgy place:

- The cleaning staff were friendly but they were around for hours every day during which time there was minimal privacy.
- All the snorkeling masks were broken. All of them. Bring your own.
- The stereo wasn't functional.
- The spices in the spice rack were all old and crusty. Yech.
- Something happened with one of the toilets, it needed to be re-bolted to the floor or something.
- The owners didn't tell us there was a cell phone available for our use until four days into our stay. Nor was it mentioned in the notebook with all the other info about the place. It would have been so nice to have known, since the internet was out (on the whole island) the first three days of our stay which left me with no way to contact my local internet friend, and my own phone for some reason wasn't roaming.
- Be careful walking in the dark because some of the floors have unexpected level changes. Like between the bed and the bathroom in the master suite.

There you go. Other than that it was a nice stay, cool place, cool location, but that was more badness then I wanted to put up with for the price.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Feb 28, 2017
This stay was for January 2016 not 2017.
Could you Please read your wife's review 'my happy place'?
We have not provided snorkeling gear for some years now as they are always getting lost. Thank you for saying it was a nice stay, a cool place, and location, and if your 'badness' was no snorkel gear and your wife's 'happiness' was the villa and how wonderful it was... I don't really know what to say.
I will point out that on your signed and initialed contract you were told about the mobile phone (and the telephone number for it) before your arrival and it also stated the maid/housekeepers times and hours. They are there for your convenience and are quite happy to leave early or not come in at all if you want privacy. Also, we do have a regular landline phone in the study, which is always in use at the villa and totally unaffected by any internet loss that may have occurred on the island.
Before your rental, your wife wrote telling me you had poor vision, so I hope the step down into the villa, was not too much of a problem for you, as we have never found it to be a problem before. One of my children is registered blind and they have always negotiated the set of steps in the house with ease.
We do try to get things fixed asap if possible which I hope was not too much of an inconvenience ...as these things don't tell us when they are going to happen but it is great that you said they came and fixed the toilet which I believe was leaking.
As this was over a year ago I cannot remember the stereo not working, and I cannot find any emails from you about it, but I am sure if you had let us know we would have tried to fix that as well. I know we also supplied an Elon stereo which can play ipods or iphones as well and can be taken around the property and near the pool and can work on solar power as well. Again, all I can say is that it seems reading your review and then your wife's, and knowing that you both stayed at the same time, I am so sorry to find you both had such differing experiences.
Martin V
Atlanta, Georgia
“Love Love this Place”
Reviewed November 19, 2015 for a stay in November 2015

I'm so in love with this place, the staff, the owners and the Spectacular views. I felt so at home here. The house itself is gorgeous. I was amazed by the artwork. It truly belongs in a museum of nature art. The owner who is the artist put his heart and soul into every piece. We had a GREAT time here. My plan is to make a trip to Anguilla every chance I get.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: The Mosquitos are very aggressive
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Nov 20, 2015
Thanks Vodkia, we enjoyed having you all staying at the villa and we love it when our guests love Anguilla and Three Dolphins as much as we do! Hurry Back, we would love to see you again!
John C
Bethesda, Maryland
“Excellent vacation rental”
Reviewed August 31, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

Our family has vacationed in Anguilla for over 12 years and Three Dolphins is one of the best villas we have rented. The location is central to everything on the island, it has it's own small beach (this year the seaweed made it unusable but that is not the villas fault), and the pool was a big hit for our young boys. The grounds are lovely with unique artwork done by the owner. The villa is open and there was a comfortable sea breeze. The ladies (housekeepers) are lovely people who took good care of us and who provided great local insight to the August Monday festivities. It was a great place for our family and we will return.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Very open floor plan, nice sea breeze, pool.
Traveling group: Young Children
Older travelers Families with young children
Nov 20, 2015
Thank you and we look forward to you visiting us again!
KristieI5
Dallas, Texas
“Perfect Beach House”
Reviewed August 27, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

My large family (six adults and seven children) stayed at Three Dolphins in Jun/July 2015. We could not have been more pleased with the house, the property and the staff. Chelle was fantastic to plan with and she did a great job of placing extra beds in rooms for children. The two lovely daily housekeepers were a tremendous help and top notch. By the end of our stay, they were like family. That added so much to our ability to relax and actually vacation since we had help around the house each day. The location of the home is very convenient to anywhere on the island and the small but nice beach in front added to the perfection of the property. It is a quiet location with lovely decor and comfortable beds. We had everything we needed! Highly recommend this house and can't wait to return myself!

Traveling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Gildroy
London
“Magical place on a magical island”
Reviewed August 12, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

We rented Three Dolphins for a week with some friends and our little toddler. The house could not have been nicer, very comfortable, all bedrooms of equal quality and a magical view. It is also very well located as everywhere is 10-15 minutes from the house. Lastly staff and owner are charming!

Traveling group: Friends
WJFM
Boston, Massachusetts
“Could not have been better”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 for a stay in April 2013
people found this review helpful

We just returned from a fantastic week at Three Dolphins. The house is absolutely spectacular. The main house has three air conditioned "master suites", all equally beautiful. The first floor master suite has double doors that open to the pool, the two second floor masters each have their own balconies overlooking the pool with ocean views. Each bedroom has a large bathroom (with two sinks each) and walk-in closet. The beautifully furnished living and dining rooms have large doors that fold open so that they feel like they are part of the pool area (with ocean/St. Martin views). The well appointed kitchen is in a separate building very close by, with a half bath and laundry room. The pool area has two dining areas and many sitting areas - it is beautifully landscaped with tropical plants and trees. There is a walkway to a small semi-private beach. The house is staffed with two wonderful women that come daily and keep the house spotless. We could not have asked for a more perfect house for a family of four to vacation (two girls age 15 and 10), and can imagine the house being perfect for a larger group. We did not utilize the guest house. We can't wait to return!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Views/spaciousness of the house/cleanliness/amenities
Traveling group: Other
Friends getaway Families with young children
Apr 20, 2013
We are so pleased you had a wonderful stay at Three Dolphins and we look forward to you and your family returning soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing