“Cleanliness”

Super 8 Belleville
Super 8 Belleville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Belleville
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel over the years as it is close to my home town. Each visit it is less clean and comfortable. This hotel needs to be cleaned. We had two rooms and both needed to be cleaned. Dead bugs in room and outside the back door. Staff was friendly and efficient.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
PBahia, Manager at Super 8 Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for your feed back. As far as the bugs it is a problem we deal with this year after year due to the farm land behind the motel, and for all the businesses located in that location. We do have a contract with orkin and they do come spray monthly and put down granules in the grass behind the motel. Unfortunately once they go through the pesticide some seem to make it in to some of the back rooms before they die. Its a problem for our rooms on the bottom floor on the south side. I have addressed the issue with my desk clerks to be more dilegent in sweeping the back steps and checking the rooms for the bettles before guest are checked into the rooms. We also have been working dilegnetly to keep rooms clean especially with hunting season here they go thru a little more wear and tear. Once again we appreciate your feed back, and hopefully we can serve you again. Next time you stay with us please ask for the manager about your previous issues and maybe I can due something to help reasure you next stay will be more comfterable.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 22, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
PBahia, Manager at Super 8 Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Reviewed October 22, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NORMAN K

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Old coffee still in the coffeepot in one of the rooms, and they messed up the check-out. I accidentally gave them my debit card over the phone, and when we checked in, I gave them the credit card instead, asking it to be charged to that. I even asked the next day if it would be on the credit card instead of the debit card, and he said it would, and even gave me the last 4 digits to tell me which card. We stayed 3 nights. When we left, I didn't think to ask which card it would be charged to, trusting them to do as I requested. I then used the debit card as travel home money. When we got home, I found that the hotel rooms had been charged to the debit card, which ended up costing me $70 in overdraft charges. I didn't contact the hotel about that, since it had already happened. If they had told me it would be on the debit card, I would have used the credit card for travel expenses instead, and wouldn't have incurred the overdraft charges. That was disappointing.

A Wyndham traveler
DENVER
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We enjoyed the restaurants and homes in this small Kansas town. People were very friendly. We stopped at the Super 8 mostly because it was right on the highway, and the S&H Motel which is reviewed positively on Trip Advisor was booked. The Super 8 looked okay on the outside, except for the screen window hanging half off. The night desk clerk was friendly. The rate was good. The room was very dated and not comfortable by any standards. The screen on the window was broken and hanging off. The bathroom tub was stained grayish black. We had no bath towels. We used hand towels to shower. When we went to check out we waited at the front desk for about 10 minutes. We noticed a quite elderly man at a computer at a desk, we called to him, looked at him and could not get his attention. We finally pushed a pager button, and he jumped up like he was surprised. We told him about the towels and we did not think that he understood what we were saying. We elected to leave and skip the breakfast, and did enjoy a lovely breakfast on the square in the friendly town of Belleville. We would recommend stopping sooner or later if this Super 8 is your only choice.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
PBahia, Manager at Super 8 Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

We recentley have had a high turn over in housekeeping and have had some issues. We are in the process of updating furniture and fixtures. Also we have implemented deep cleaning program and are have the tubs redone. I appreciate your feed back and would like to apologize for you unsatisfactory stay. We value our customers and take all feed back very serious. If in the future you give us another oppurtunity to serve you, pleas ask for the manager and I will be more then happy to give you a discount or a upgraded room at no additional charge. Once again thank you and have a great day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Concordia US 81
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#2 of 3 in Concordia
Americas Best Value Inn Belleville
Super 8 Concordia
Super 8 Concordia
#3 of 3 in Concordia

Been to Super 8 Belleville? Share your experiences!