Baldwin City Lodge
$72
$72
$54
$55
All reviewstacobaker suitenice staycomfy bedstay there againsmall townfree wifiloungelawrencemoteluniversityhighway
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Had a gray two weeks. My fourth straight year! I have stayed at the Lodge four years in a row for Whitetail hunting trips. Staff extremely friendly and rooms kept well. Taco and Margarita Wednesdays are great too. Look forward to them every year. Kansas can be pretty cold in November so be ready for cold and windy. Location 10 miles from Lawrence, 30 miles from KC is convenient as well.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Nothing fancy but a safe and clean safe place to stay at a fair price. We were in town to enjoy MapleLeaf and the location was easy walking distance to all the activities. The "Diner" next door is good for breakfast. Antonucci’s across the street had great pizza and atmosphere.

Room Tip: They do have a miniature golf attached that I think is included with a room stay. I never looked to see if they had a fitness center or pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

HORRIBLE customer service. I would never recomend this place to anyone! Rooms were okay, but way over priced! They couldn't find my reservation and the lady said I was wasting her time. After they found my reservation I never received an apology of any kind. All around, bad experience!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Sebreej10
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was a nice lodge but not quite what we had expected. The online pictures made the rooms look nicer than they really are. However, it was clean and comfortable. The staff was very accommodating and very kind. They were all warm and welcoming. One thing I would suggest is to put tissue boxes in the rooms. Really, that one small thing would be much appreciated. It does not seem too much to expect.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed in the baker suite and was very disapointed to find the carpet in disrepair when I arrived I overlooked that however it was also dirty (very hard to overlook) I set down to relax before going out to find the TV did not work, when I approched the staff they said unplug it and plug it back in, this worked however had to do it again about 2 hours later. The reason for my reserving the suite was because it had a Jacuzzi tub, I have bad knees and was looking forward to it however as I began to fill the tub I notice a sign on the wall informing me I have to get down on the floor on the other side of the wall and reach thru a door and plug the tub in. I expersed my concerns while checking out and was not offered a discount or even an apology. I will not go back.

Room Tip: inspect room before you commite
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business