“Ticked all boxes!”

and 1 more site!
Walcot House
Ranked #1 of 1 Fawley B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed here for just one night in a single room.
I arrived late after 122 mile bike ride & the owners happily locked my bike in their garage.
My room was small but perfect with a sink & ample tea/coffe etc. The bed was lovely & comfortable.
The shared bathroom was just down the landing - a great shower & everything was spotlessly clean.
A great breakfast (vege option!) then I was on my way.
I can't fault this place - great value for money!!
There's a small Sainsbury's & various places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Just got back from staying two nights, our stay here was excellent, comfortable and very clean family room with shower gel, shampoo, TV, Internet, Tea & Coffee. Breakfast you had plenty of choice to choose from. They had a book in the room with local places to go to eat we went to the boathouse excellent. Tried to book another night but it gets filled up very quick over the weekends I can see why.

Room Tip: All rooms look good
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Lovely clean warm room with all facilities, excellent wifi also along with flatscreen and freeview.
Given I was to late for breakfast having worked nights was given a packed lunch to see me on my way. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We needed a bed for the night whilst attending a party locally and we got far more ! A great welcome clean and functional on suite room , a comfortable bed quality soap and body wash in the shower and a flat screen TV. Tea, coffee and kettle in the room. Printed directions to both the evening party and the breakfast venue the following morning. Had we stayed for breakfast I am sure that would have been fantastic. Neil

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2013

From the minute we arrived to a warm, friendly welcome, our stay here was excellent. Lovely, comfortable family room with the nice touches of quality shower gel, shampoo and hand cream etc. The breakfast was amazing - plenty of choice and very tasty. In fact we didn't need lunch until much later that day! We are all very keen to return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was meeting my son, an officer on a cruise ship, and wanted somewhere close to the docks, without being in them, so I took the chance of finding somewhere on the net! Had it been the lottery, I won the jackpot! Not that much to look at from outside, but the warm welcome made up for that. My room, not huge, was so spotless, I could have been the first to use it, it was so warm and welcoming, with more than I needed for my stay. Following a good nights sleep, I went through to the, perfect, breakfast room, to be greeted, asked how I was, and what I wanted. Good selection on the sideboard, terrific selection on the menu, and when my, full English, arrived, it was well presented, really hot and fresh, and you could see the quality, even before you tasted it, and it was really good. The toast wasn't just brown, it was quality as well. Top marks all round, how do they do it for the price, and, could they show others how to do it, after all, it isn't rocket science, but it does show a level of commitment, and high standards! Superb all round, you won't be disappointed, the location is perfect, minutes from the beach, and a very short journey into Southampton and the docks, which is where I headed in the morning. Well worth double!

Room Tip: Ring first, reassurance is in the voice on the other end of the phone, taking the risk out of 'i...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ken W
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The title really says it all. We've been looking for some time to find a really good B&B to become our permanent "home from home" on visits to our family in Hampshire (we live in West Scotland). In Walcot House, we've found it. Friendly hosts, clean, comfortable room with all the facilities you expect in a hotel. And then the breakfasts! We've stayed in hotels all over the world and the choice available at Walcot House would put many (most) of them to shame.

We've already booked our next stay, and we certainly look forward to a long association with this excellent destination!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Walcot House? Share your experiences!