“lovely weekend”

and 1 more site!
Walcot House
Ranked #1 of 1 Fawley B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 27, 2011

we stayed for 2 nights we got a lovely welcome off marie and steve the room was modern with lovely decor and the food was excellent with plenty of choice nothing was to much trouble steve even helped with the local bus timetable for us we had a lovely weekend and look forward to going back in the future

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank PauliB412

Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of a friend's 60th birthday celebration. The rooms are modern, bright and cleanliness is exceptional. The breakfast is first class;a wide range of choices all cooked individually to order with high quality produce.
The friendliness and helpfulness of the owners Marie and Steve cannot be overemphasized. They really go the extra mile to give their guests a stay to remember, and clearly enjoy making people happy.
Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have some traffic noise. Rooms at the back overlook a pretty garden.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I found the Walcot to be excellent value for money. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. Marie helped me find a nice local pub for dinner too. Everything was both friendly and efficient from booking to check out. Thank you!

Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2008

I have stayed at the Walcot a few times now as have many of my family. We have family in the area but whenever there is a big get together we stay there. I went there once years ago and it was awful beyond belief as are many over rated and over priced dirty nasty places thatIhave stayed in the new forest. I heard that new people had taken over and we went to look round - we could not believe the difference. Every room reburbished, beautiful bed linen, spotless rooms which were bright and airy, great atmosphere and not a chintzy, peeling bit of wallpaper in sight. Steve and Marie have made this little hotel into a clean, friendly and very welcoming place to be. Nice garden area too. Breakfast is all freshly cooked with loads of choice, also fresh fruit and cereal etc. Dining room bright and spotless and not cramped so you are squashed up with everyone. The young girl serving was really efficient and pleasant too.

We needed a room at very short notice and Marie explained that all they had was a very small double room and that the bed would be against the wall with not much room, but they put an extra mattress in and managed to make a space for our little girl. My son stayed round the corner with my sister but was able to join us for a lovely cooked breakfast for no extra charge. The room was small but again was spotless and they had been honest before we booked so we knew what to expect. We have twice stayed in the family room which is lovely.
All this for £100 for two nights over a weekend. great value, great service and really nice hosts. We have stayed in the most awful shabby places in new forest that have charged over £200 per night and been a disgrace with dreadful food, dirty rooms and unhelpful rude staff. This is a delightful place and I would never stay anywhere else in the new forest but here. Thanks Steve and Marie for making room for us all at such very short notice on very hectic weekend. Thanks also for putting my little girl out of her misery - we had searched everywhere for the Nintendo DS that she left behind the bed.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank KRSHE
Reviewed October 14, 2007

We stayed here for one night following a family wedding, having read the previous complimentary report. We were not disappointed - Walcot House is extremely comfortable and clean and nothing was too much trouble for our hosts, extra blankets as requested when we booked and a ground floor room for my Mother in Law who finds stairs difficult. The 3 rooms we occupied had all been refurbished very tastfully. Breakfast was excellent and i would certainly recommend this establishment to anyone needing accomdation in the area.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank gibsonlittle
Reviewed May 19, 2007

Knowing we wanted to stay in the New Forest and do some bike riding, but also realising my wife and I had left it until the last minute before a 3-day holiday weekend, I was finding no accomodation available, but amazingly Walcot House had a vacancy due to a cancellation.
I rented a car at Southampton Airport, and quickly and easily found the hotel.
The room was a bit small, barely bigger than the bed itself, but neat and tidy, and we had a television with good reception, and the bed was comfortable.
The classic English breakfast fryup was served by a chatty and outgoing husband Steve while his wife Marie did the cooking.
The village of Fawley was a good place from which to set out to see the highlights of the New Forest, such as Beaulieu, only 3 miles away. In fact, you just go a couple of minutes to the west, and already you're in the countryside.
One 'odd' thing about this property, which I learned from looking on a mapping website after booking, is that you're adjacent to the largest oil refinery in Europe. This made me a bit aprehensive, however, during my stay I noticed nothing, and if you didn't read it here, you'd probably never notice either. The direction of the prevailing winds, from west-to-east, means that you're getting fresh air from the sea and across the New Forest all the time.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Been to Walcot House? Share your experiences!