“Excellent Fun”
Review of Teapot Island

Teapot Island
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Yalding
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Had an excellent time with my nieces, they loved playing with the toys in the grounds and we were all were amazed at the giant teapot. We then had a lovely lunch followed by a walk around the teapot exhibition. I never thought teapots would appeal to me, but walking around the exhibition was just breath-taking, well worth a look. Big thank you to everyone at Teapot Island for making us feel so welcome.

3  Thank Hannah J

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Great value and lovely for a rainy day. Easy to get to and there's loads of free parking close by.
We were warmly greeted as we entered, and looked around a crazy amount of teapots, weird and wonderful. We also bought food that was home made and very yummy at the cafe, again very cheap. The selection is great too.
All in all a nice little trip.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had read of Teapot Island in the Kent Messenger a couple of years ago and recently saw it advertised in a Cream Teas booklet from a tourist information centre. Finally went there and what a poor show.

Car Park was in a big field and cost £2.50 - a public field and it costs to park in it?! No wonder lots of cars were parking on the non yellow lined streets!

Across the footbridge to Teapot Island and I don't know how on earth they got a listing in a cream teas publication - from the name one would have thought it would be a quaint tearoom. Nothing of the sort, it was a burger and chips greasy spoon, nothing more.

My wife asked for an item on their menu - sorry, board above the till like a fish and chip shop - a ploughman;s only to be told they weren't making them that day as it was busy and took too long to prepare. Are they a food outlet or aren't they? A ploughman's can be knocked together with little hassle, people!

The teapot exhibition, which cost more on top (fair enough) was interesting but they lacked a vintage teapot I own - I wouldn't sell it to them, as I would not want it displayed at such a poor venue!

To use catering parlance, very much C grade!

2  Thank NCGould
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Spent a day here had a picnic and enjoyed the out doors but not sure about Tea pot Island its a bit quirky if you like that sort of thing.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

An exhibition of thousands of teapots. Pleasant cafe and lovely walks along the banks of the River Medway.

1  Thank johncb7