“Enjoyed it” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Red Lion
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Gilmorton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Broughton Astley, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We went here on a Groupon a while ago. The food was good quality and the Groupon deal was great value. The staff were pleasant and the service was swift on a fairly busy night. Not been back since but not because of anything to do with the place itself.

• Visited July 2012

Blaby, United Kingdom
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

meal was good but basic...... well priced tho and the restaurant was very busy. Good service pleasant staff.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Clare R
adrienne_king1, Owner at The Red Lion, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review my restaurant. I would love to know when you visited and what you ate. Our food is anything but basic but yes we are busy and have a large following of regulars. A 3 star rating is disappointing given your other, very brief, remarks. Your feed back is important so I would welcome more detailed remarks from you - perhaps you could call me to discuss? Adrienne
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Visited for a celebration lunch of 8 people and were not disappointed by the food.

Serving a selection of real ales, good wine choices as well as good food. Out party had a wide selection of food from fried haggis with Brie in the centre, duck breast Wellington., homemade soup, and coconut ice cream.

Just let down by the decor in the bar area, and food prices are on the higher end for a pub but the quality doesn't dissapoint.

• Visited May 2013
adrienne_king1, Owner at The Red Lion, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the trouble to leave us a great review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and hope that you will pass on your positive findings to friends and family - not everyone is converted to TripAdvisor! I was a little surprised by your comments about the bar decor as the decor is the same throughout the pub. I hope that you will visit us again very soon and please introduce yourself to me so I can thank you personally. Adrienne
Gilmorton, United Kingdom
“Returning Customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've lost count of the times we have eaten here. Regardless of the size of our group or how busy the pub is, I've always found the staff to be friendly & helpful.

The food is good wholesome pub grub with a very good choice & at a very reasonable price - all in a clean, friendly enviroment.

Can't fault the Red Lion - we will return again & again.

• Visited April 2013
adrienne_king1, Owner at The Red Lion, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to leave us such a positive review. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Adrienne
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Always reliable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Living locally I sometimes decide to go elsewhere for a change, but always end up back at The Red Lion. Freshly cooked, delicious food - and a bonus of fresh vegggies. The staff are helpful and friendly; the atmosphere in the bar retains the feeling of being a 'local' not some sort of ghastly 'gastro pub'. After about 10 visits I can honestly say my friends and I do not have one complaint.

• Visited March 2013