“A Trip to The Bridges-Winterset, Iowa”
Review of Roseman Bridge

Roseman Bridge
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Winterset
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The first time I saw them, it was August of 2005. I had moved out of Texas back to the Midwest( Texas was not gonna be my home) Iowa was gonna be my new home and my first stop in Iowa that summer was Winterset, Iowa. There was a certain presence about Roseman Bridge since, Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood had set feet on that ground and made that romantic movie about a traveling photographer and an Italian woman dying for some change in the mundane rural landscape of the 'Cornbelt' (1995) I later went to the store in Winterset,Ia and bought the movie and then I began to appreciate the mundane of Rural Iowa.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

It is very easy to visit all 5 Bridges of Madison County, from which the movie was made. The Roseman Covered Bridge is the farthest Bridge from Winterset but it is nestled in a spacious and lovely area with a small store near by. Dirt roads lead to the bridges. A definites must to see at least the Roseman, Hollliwell, Cutler-Donahoe Bridge that is in the park, the Hogback and Cider are worth the trip. Oct is a beautiful time of the year to visit there. We have toured these on our own but this last time we went for the Madison County Covered Bridge Festival held in Oct so we took a school bus tour.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The bridge is, as you'd expect, just as in the movies. There's even a cafe adjacent, though not open when we were there. Worth visiting if you are the book or movie fan.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I never saw the movie, but rather just came because I figured it must be pretty neat and picturesque, and it was. There's only 6 bridges left to see, and only 1 you can actually drive across, but it's a pretty darn cool piece of bygone Americana.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were not in a hurry and stopped off to see this at the John Wayne birth place in Winterset. We enjoyed them both. Nice little town and not hard to get to.

Been to Roseman Bridge? Share your experiences!