“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Northside Cafe

Northside Cafe
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Winterset
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

My sister was visiting from Chicago during the Thanksgiving holiday. We stopped in for lunch and loved the food, the atmosphere, just everything in general. My husband and I will be going back to try out the breakfast menu.

2 Thank Deb P

Beecher, Illinois
“Great little place off the square.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Don't know what went wrong for those other people, but I've been going to the North Side Cafe for over 12 years during my annual pheasant hunting trip to Winterset and it's always been GREAT. Some years I've made 2 or 3 trips of 3 or 4 days each and have had breakfast at the cafe every time. Always , good food, clean place and great staff. The menu has changed a little this past year, but it's still great. I'd recommand the North Side Cafe to everyone who travels to Winterset.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Jim H
Winterset, Iowa
“Surprising Variety”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Don't know why those other folks had a bad experience. Sorry. Try again, though.
Our small town has many good restaurants and this is one of them! I am always surprised
by the variety, even ethnicity of some of the food. PLEASE don't leave without having
a slice of PIE! And remember... the staff is very friendly and helpful. Especially Melody.
:} I personally think Northside has the BEST iced tea anywhere!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Holly B
“In the movie it was great, not so much in person.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I had taken my easy-going sister with me for lunch. She had ordered chicken strips and I got the tenderloin. When they finally arrived they were very dark like they had either been cooked too long or the fryer oil was old and hadn't been changed recently. Waitress was ok but not overly attentive.

• Visited August 2013
Winterset, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst cafe ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Our waitress was awful and our entire experience was awful. Waitress.....maybe I misunderstood what a waitress was but boy did she make us WAIT. We waited for our drinks to be ordered, we waited for our drinks to come, we waited for our food to be ordered, we waited for our food to come, we waited for our bill, and we waited to get our card back. We waited 2 hours; it was not busy but, boy was our red headed waitress busy.....busy talking to the cook and busy doing her homework. I went in looking forward to a nice cafe meal......I left with a sour taste in my mouth. I will never recommend this establishment to anyone.

• Visited September 2013