“Awesome authentic Mexican food”

Mi Pueblito Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Winterset
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Although there seemed to be a lot of people in the restaurant, Maybe it was just us but I've much better Mexican food and $3.50 for a side of guacamole is quite high.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

A great place for a truly authentic south of the border meal. Located on the east side of the Winterset City Square.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Located right on the square in Winterset, Mi Pueblito is a nice local restaurant. The restaurant was clean and airy with attentive service. They have several quesadilla options (more than most Mexican restaurants) and were willing to take my request to add spinach to the chorizo quesadilla. I would go back when I am in the area.

1  Thank iowacorn
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Typical Mexican menu. Average portions. Good Service.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Ate here on 5/26/12 during their John Wayne Days. They have a cool (the town) scavenger hunt type thing where you buy tickets and go to many of the stores on the squre to find your pie. Hub & Son split 8 tickets to try all the pies. I can't eat pie so wanted something I could eat, which is why we stopped here. Their salsa is spicey and delicious, we went thru two bowls. I had the beef burrito and ask for cheese, tomato, onion & jalepenos on it. They did it perfectly, even taking the time to cute the jalepenos down to small morsels that worked just right. Our waiter was great, patient when I couldn't understand him. Great food, try it!

Reviewed July 3, 2011

My wife and I visited this restaurant on June 20, 2011. We have eaten at a number of Mexican restaurants and found this one among the bottom in taste. I have to admit there were a number of people in this restaurant so maybe it was just us but one thing is definite. My wife ordered a side dish of guacamole. They wanted to charge us $3.50 for this which we felt was "kinda" high. Also, the service was not up to what we thought it should be. The only times we saw our server was when they took our order, brought the food and brought our check.

1  Thank Carbfoot