“Nice place to grab an expresso”

Grounds For Celebration
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Settled in the Windsor Heights neighborhood for several years now, Grounds for Celebration is a great place to get a cup of good coffee in the morning. An expresso fan myself, I need the jolt in the morning but don't want the hassle and semantics (a "tall" is a small and large is what again...?) of the typical coffee shop that flourishes on just about every street corner nowadays.

Just give me a double or triple expresso and cut the jargon. That's what I get at Grounds, and the free wi-fi is a undeniable plus when I'm on business and need to connect with the office. I haven't tasted the other fares on the menu but have heard its good, can't give a first hand review for that. I go for the coffee and for what its worth, its top-notch.

1  Thank David M

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Mildly rustic, 60's decor with open areas, plenty of tables, and a quiet peacefulness that exudes a warm comfortable welcome. Usual espresso-type coffee drinks were very good. Lunch menu includes an unusual "fruit plate" for less than $10, consisting of a few slices each of pineapple, orange, bread, melon, plus a perfectly room temperature triangle of brie, placed in an artful appetizing way on the plate. The people behind the counter recognized me on my second visit, smiling greetings. Located on the edge of a quiet strip mall, there was easy parking. Surprisingly for a "Mom and Pop" non-chain coffee shop, there is also a drive-through lane.

1  Thank Lilygal
Reviewed June 1, 2009

I've gone here mainly for the free wi-fi, and usually bought a pot (press pot) of tea to sip on while surfing the web.
I do recommend the gelato.
The food menu looks good, but I've not had anything from it. It is mostly lunch type fare and desserts.
Of course there is coffee.
The atmosphere is very good.
I hear they have Scrabble Tuesday nights starting at 6.

2  Thank Winditan