Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel & Suites
$57
$77
$48
Good 3.5/5
Cozy House & Suites(Williamsburg)
$47
$68
Good 3.5/5
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
All reviewshis motherstarbucks coffeethe general manageroutlet mallquiet locationpool and hot tubgreat place to staygood nights sleeppleasant stayhome away from homeiowa cityoff the highwayshort drivewould highly recommend this hotelroom was clean and comfortabledefinitely stay here againsandi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 9, 2009

My husband and I go shopping in Williamsburg every year. This is the 1st time we stayed here. There was an Iowa football game that weekend, but this hotel didn't get the typical football crowd. Clientel is much older and quieter. Only saw 1 kid there the whole time! Free breakfast at a quaint amana restaurant down the road and it was really good. The owner of the hotel is very friendly and hard working for his guests.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2009

very clean. quiet, comfortable place to stay. manager and staff very helpful. excellent suggestions for places to eat. nice amenities. will happily stay with them again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We traveled to the Amana colonies with our 1 year old daughter and stayed at this hotel. we were very pleased with the accommodations. The room size was great for our very active little girl. There was a refrigerator, micro, etc. It was clean. It was ideal for us.

We had to cut our trip short one day because she came down with a cold. The manager offered us a refund, no questions asked. He even tried to refer us to a hospital to get her checked out. What a nice man!

If we ever travel that way again, we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2009

To me, this is the perfect kind of highwayside hotel - clean, convenient, and reasonably priced. I don't think Heritage is a chain, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I really enjoy mom and pop operations and try to support them, but sometimes the quality can be hit and miss. But this hotel surpassed my expectations. It's convenient to both the Amana Colonies and the University of Iowa, and also to an outlet mall that's nearby. But it doesn't seem like a place where loads of college-age visitors would go, and that's fine with me. You do get a little road noise, but it's not bad at all. They have a no-smoking policy, which also works for me, as both my wife and I are non-smokers. The price was reasonable, particularly because I was able to use my AARP discount. It's also a good value because breakfast is included at a restaurant across the highway. It's close but you'll probably want to take a car. The restaurant food was standard bacon and egg type fare, but it was fine and the place was friendly. The lobby of the hotel was nice. There's an indoor pool but we didn't use it. The bed and linens were both fine. Were things as plush as the Four Seasons? Of course not, but you wouldn't expect that. This was a nice place.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2009

My grandpa , uncle and I stayed at the Heritage Inn for a relaxing vacation. We found the staff so friendly and welcoming upon arrival. They made us feel like family!! Our room was bright and cheery and comfy and we felt safe and at home. I would definitly stay there again and reccomend it to anyone who travels in that area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family